About The Position
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain and Operations, this position is responsible for ensuring supply meets the growing demand of Brainiac products in all channels of sales (Ecommerce, Grocery, Club, and more). This role will lead all planning processes: S&OP, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, and MRP for raw materials and packaging and will be responsible for purchase orders to all vendors.
Most importantly, as the owner of the plan, this individual will serve as a hub of information to ensure all elements of the supply chain are working seamlessly together. In addition to being responsible for our spreadsheet planning tools, the role will also work closely with our copackers and FSQA/Ops manager to ensure inventory levels meet targeted weeks of supply. The role will also collaborate with Customer Service to support our best-in-class On Time In Full goals.
- Demand Plan: Work with sales and marketing to develop a consensus demand plan, including analysis of past sales and detailed tracking of new sales conversations (the Pipeline)
- Purchase Orders/ Production Schedule: Provide copackers with purchase orders and production forecasts to schedule production and procure necessary raw materials and work with personnel at copackers to ensure orders are shipped on time and in full
- S&OP: Lead monthly Demand and Supply Review meetings (S&OP); Provide analysis of past sales vs. forecast, as well as capacity constraints at copackers
- Capacity Planning/ Allocation: Forecast and develop solutions for situations when production capacity may be constrained; Negotiate with 3PLS and copackers as needed to ensure service levels are met; Assist with allocations as necessary if supply falls short of demand
- MRP: Manage, maintain and improve MRP tools; Drive inventory efficiencies including minimizing scrap exposure.
- Inventory Control: Ensure the accuracy of inventory; Direct the movement and storage of inventory along with forecasting and facilitating stock inventory levels.
- Kitting: Work with 3PLs to schedule and flawlessly execute special kitting or rework projects
- Core KPIs: On Time In Full, Inventory Weeks of Supply vs Target, Inventory Adjustments (write offs)
- Communication: Be able to quickly pivot with changes in strategy and changes in demand and provide timely status updates reports to stakeholders
- Analysis: Provide frequent ad hoc supply and demand scenarios, working capital and other financial analysis as needed to support business decisions
- Continuous Improvement: Examine opportunities for COGS reduction, assist in set-up of new copacker onboarding, and support in product launch projects
Qualifications and Requirements
- 3 years in supply chain with demonstrated experience in planning and inventory management (Demand planning, MRP, S&OP, Bills of Materials and inventory controls)
- Exceptional analysis skills; advanced Excel skills
- Smart communicator - able to summarize complex decisions and deliver bad news when necessary
- Able to equally take initiative and hold others accountable to expectations
- Team player, focused on collaborative problem solving and negotiating solutions to meet cross functional business needs
- Self-driven, positive, results-oriented, and able to create and document new processes to regularly improve efficiencies
- Agile and eager to learn and develop skills within a rapidly growing company