About The Position
The Associate Brand Manager role provides support to the marketing team in six core areas: Project Management, Marketing Program Management, Product Management, Marketing Analysis and Reporting, Sales Support, and Budget Management.
Coordinates timetables, projects lists, status reports and communication between agencies, marketing, procurement and department management for all elements of marketing mix: product, packaging, promotion and advertising.
- Acts as lead point of contact for brand website administration.
- Leads Cross Functional Teams (CFT) to ensure commercial execution for new product launches and line extensions.
- Completes innovation stage-gate process paperwork in allotted timelines.
- Prepares meeting Agendas/Notes
- Leads and assists Brand Manager with package/product/advertising development and execution.
- Develops and maintains record of product and package specifications, new item codes, UPC codes, etc. Enters data into the database (SAP).
- Maintains product/packaging specification databases (both internal and external).
- Works with procurement manager to help maintain adequate packaging inventory and materials, and confirmation of purchase order deliveries.
- Assists with packaging changes and revisions ensure packaging adhere to the Federal labeling regulations.
- Updates and maintains pricelists, and works in coordination with Customer Services Representatives to maintain accurate pricing information in SAP.
- Manages all retailer vendor portals for SKU information.
- Manages the brand’s visual asset collection database.
- Compiles monthly shipment, syndicated data (IRI) reports to identify business problems and opportunities, and aid sales calls and marketing plan development and execution.
- Prepares monthly P&L analysis to identify trends, challenges, or areas to address
- Analyzes primary, secondary research and data to support business development.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations to illustrate analytical findings.
- Monitors coupon and promotions activities; works with analytics agency to maintain redemption budgets.
- Prepares IRI sales and QlikView shipment reports for Brand Manager to assist sales calls and identify sales problems and opportunities on the business.
- Coordinates new product sample requests and distribution of sales collateral with Marketing Coordinator.
- Manages creation and content of sales literature.
- Develops presentations to facilitate sales calls.
- Prepares monthly marketing budget, and analysis against P&L, in coordination with Marketing Finance and Accounts Payable.
- Facilitates payment of vendor invoices; maintains accurate budget/invoice ledger
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/ 1 year of Brand Management experience for a consumer products organization
Must have outstanding interpersonal skills, and be able to lead cross functional teams, and work collaboratively with multiple internal and external team members.
Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with a wide and diverse range of audiences, ranging from internal senior level managers to line managers, as well as analytical people.
- Must be confident and able to work without much supervision.
- Must develop internal relationships, demonstrate team-building attitude, be cooperative, convey a sense of urgency and show a willingness to listen to suggestions from others.
- Must be able to maintain strong client relations. Must be able to gain cooperation from all employees without direct line responsibility.
- Must be organized and able to solve problems systematically.
- Must be able to read, interpret and analyze data to provide concise recommendations and points of view on a wide range of topics.
- Must possess excellent computer skills and working knowledge of spreadsheets, PowerPoint, email, word processing and database programs.
- Must have working knowledge of internet navigation and research techniques.
- Must be a quick learner, flexible, able and willing to make decisions on own and possess a good understanding of internal operations.
- Must be willing to take responsibility for activities and projects outside of primary job description.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
Master of Business Administration degree / 2 years of Brand Management experience for a consumer products organization.
- Familiarity with traditional consumer research methodologies including consumer taste tests, focus groups, concept tests and equity studies.
- Knowledge of IRI data preferred.
- Experience working with agencies (advertising, media, packaging,