Florida Caribbean Distillers
Distributor and SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to comply with all Quality and Food Safety Management standards and/or systems to ensure continual improvement and effectiveness of the Food Safety Management System with the ability to satisfy our customers and provide products that are in accordance to their intended use and safe for human consumption.
- Assist for all local, state, federal and third-party food safety and quality audits, customer/second-party audits, organic and kosher certifications/inspections, and laboratory accreditation audits.
- Develop, monitor, maintain and communicate laboratory programs to meet compliance with established standards to demonstrate that they operate competently and generate valid results, thereby promoting confidence in their work.
- Develop and communicate plant programs to meet compliance with government standards/regulations and HACCP/Food Safety Plans guidelines.
- Manage and implement effective corrective action systems to improve quality. Develop, maintain and communicate programs and product specifications to ensure raw materials, in-process and final products are in compliance with internal and customers-established specifications/requirements and standards.
- Manage customer requests Monitor sample laboratory activities to ensure sample requests are processed on a timely manner. Complete customer quality questionnaires and requests.
- Prepare management review reports. Prepare departmental weekly, period, quarterly and annual reports. Monitor and train respective employees and establish safe work procedures.
- Train respective employees in quality procedures, employee safety, and job duties.
- Monitor and approve all employee time and attendance records for respective employees. Maintain discipline, morale and harmonious relations among subordinates.
- Investigate and address personnel problems within area of responsibility.
- Ethically represent the company and be compliant with corporate Code of Conduct.
- Assist with special projects as needed. Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Follow and enforce company policies. Follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Support compliance activities associated with Food Safety Systems, Gluten-Free, Organic, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry or related fields
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Quality Control and Food Safety Management Systems in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of HACCP, GMP, FSMA, Food Allergens and Microbiology
- Excellent record keeping documentation skills Previous experience in the supervision of personnel