About The Position
- Maintain a visible and value-adding presence in the market both with key retailers and distributors through distributor work-withs, and independently, effectively influence retailer purchase decisions on behalf of Blue Chair Bay Rum.
- Effectively prioritizes, proactively communicates, and maintains a high level of professionalism in all aspects of their work.
- Engage wholesaler sales teams to sell our brands by spending time in the field with key personnel including the sales supervisors and select sales representatives. Educate the team on key product selling points.
- Ensure wholesaler personnel utilize merchandising materials effectively and display items that reflect current brand programming.
- Provide a weekly call plan and daily recaps of your call activity. Copy the appropriate wholesaler personnel to ensure proper market follow up.
- Achieve KPIs on a monthly basis: visiting key accounts, achieving new distribution, engaging the wholesaler and selling brand building initiatives
- Effectively communicate throughout the week with your manager to provide updates on your weekly schedule, challenges, opportunities, and wins in your market
- Participate in wholesaler sales meetings to introduce brand programming and energize wholesaler sales personnel to effectively sell our brands within each market.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 Years’ experience within the Beverage Alcohol industry with concentration in Sales.
- Strong understanding of on -premise and off-premise retailer environment and three-tier system.
- Must have Supplier or Distributor Management Experience, no other applicants will be considered.
- Existing relationships with our distributor RNDC and key accounts preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop/maintain effective working relationships and influence with Distributor and key accounts.
- Capable of digesting and delivering brand knowledge in a persuasive manner to customers.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Numerical and analytical acumen in order to identify patterns, issues & opportunities
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Excel, Power Point, mastery of internal reporting account market/account level system.
- Some travel and being able to work flexible hours in order to accommodate customer schedule.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Requires a current state driver's license, with an ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements .
- Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the states.
- Must own a motor vehicle.
- Physical Demands: The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 45 pounds (the equivalent of a case of liquor).
The Intangibles We’re Looking For:
Self-starter: Takes the initiative to deliver solutions with modest amount of day-to-day direction.
Positive presence: Brings a contagious positive energy and leaves a positive impression on others.
Determined: Manages and overcomes obstacles as a regular course of business.
Results Orientation: Owns and is fully accountable for achieving results.
Committed to learning & development: Seeks to learn, grown & develop continuously.
Self-aware: Understand their individual impact on others.
Integrity: Makes every effort to deliver on commitments, is truthful & honest, treats others with respect.