About The Position
Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
As a Market Manager, your role is ultimately charged with increasing the sales of the most awarded beers in America. This includes direct responsibility for key on and off-premise accounts, increasing Sales & securing new distribution in existing and new accounts, and working closely with the distributor network in the assigned territory to maintain/develop all accounts.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Aggressively pursue new on & off-premise distribution
- Call on existing key accounts to retain/develop existing distribution, secure new distribution, make timely presentations and introduce new and “limited release” beers
- Execute weekly on and off -premise promotions and periodic special events that generate brand awareness and consumer sampling, as well as new distribution at target accounts
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with account staff and distributor sales personnel
- Travel to company sales meetings; participate in market blitzes in other territories, and otherwise work with other members of the FW team to execute/achieve the sales plan
- Complete necessary administrative reporting and communications on a timely basis
- Maintain all sales goals and personal budgets outlined to you and your territory
- Other duties as periodically assigned by your manager
- Bachelor’s degree and prior experience in a sales position; prior beer sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of all Firestone Walker beers, other craft beers and the craft beer community
- Strong oral communication skills - ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills
- Strong persuasion skills - ability to influence others decision making or persuading others to change their minds or behavior
- Active listening - this is the key to all sales presentations, understanding your goals can only be achieved by listening to account needs and filling those needs
- Excellent time management skills - able to be proactive and take initiative
- Excellent organization and coordination skills - able to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently
- Social perceptiveness - being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- Negotiation - bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
- Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs)
- Decision making skills - collect, assess and interpret relevant information and make sound judgment
- Valid Driver License with a good driving record, a reliable, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
- Cicerone, or other Beer certification strongly preferred
- Must be available to work nights and weekends and work more than 40 hours per week; and lift and or move up to 50 pounds
- MUST RESIDE IN THE DESIGNATED TERRITORY (SAN FRANCISCO or SAN MATEO COUNTY)
- MUST HAVE SUPPLIER OR DISTRIBUTOR EXPERIENCE
What Firestone Walker Offers:
- Competitive compensation package for an experienced individual with the right skills.
- An excellent benefits package including:
- 100% paid premiums for employee including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Accrued PTO (rate of 13 days per year)
- Accrued Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked) 24 hours max usage per year
- 401(k) retirement plan including company paid profit sharing & 4% matching
- 9 paid holidays per year
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your work experience when applying.
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.