Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
ManufacturerView Full Profile
About The Position
Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast. Now a regional craft brewery, our singular purpose remains – to craft the world’s best beers. Passionately in pursuit of the perfect beer… and never satisfied.
As a Convivence Store/ Gas National Accounts Manager, your role is ultimately charged with increasing the sales of the most awarded beers in America in targeted key accounts. This includes direct account responsibility for key accounts, securing new distribution & programming, and working closely with the distributor network to ensure execution of all new distribution/programming.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Aggressively pursue new key account distribution
- Call on accounts to secure new distribution and features, making timely presentations and introducing new and “limited release” beers
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with FW field teams and distributor chain sales staff
- Develop relationships with operations/store management from targeted accounts to develop “2nd level” relationships to win jump ball opportunities at retail
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure execution of programming (ad execution/in-store sampling events/staff education events/etc.)
- Visiting key account outlets to inspect execution of programming and reporting back results to key stakeholders
- Travel to company sales meetings; participate in market blitzes in other territories, and otherwise work with other members of the FW team to execute/achieve the chain sales plan
- Complete necessary administrative reporting and communications on a timely basis
- Maintain all sales goals and personal budgets outlined to you and your territory
- Other duties as periodically assigned by your manager
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and prior experience in a key account management beer/wine sales position is required
- Strong oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills
- Strong persuasion skills: Ability to influence others decision making or persuading others to change their minds or behavior through superior skill and knowledge of all our beers and the craft beer community
- Active Listening - This is the key to all sales presentation, understanding your retailer can only be achieved by listening to their needs and filling those needs
- Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Excellent organization and coordination skills- detail oriented & able to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
- Analytic Skills – Must be able to read, analyze, and utilize syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen) into selling presentations with key insights drawn out
- Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs)
- Decision making skills -collect, assess and interpret relevant information and make sound judgment
- Valid Driver License with a good driving record, a reliable, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
- Cicerone, or other Beer certification strongly preferred
- Must be available to work nights and weekends and work more than 40 hours per week; and lift and or move up to 50 pounds
- MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE IN THE DESIGNATED TERRITORY (State of California, must be near an airport)
- MUST HAVE RELEVANT BEER/WINE/SPIRITS KEY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE IN PREFERABLY IN THE ALCOHOL BEVERAGE INDUSTRY
What Firestone Walker Offers:
· Competitive rate for an experienced individual with the right skills.
· An excellent benefits package including:
o 100% paid premiums for employee including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
o Accrued PTO (rate of 13 days per year)
o Accrued Sick Leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked) 24 hours max usage per year
o 401(k) retirement plan including company paid profit sharing & 4% matching
o 8 paid holidays per year
Please submit your cover letter and resume with your work experience when applying.
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.