About The Position
Fifth Season, a tech-forward fresh food company and vertical farming pioneer, is seeking a Director of Retail Sales to expand our initial success across geographies and customers.
JOB TITLE: Director of Retail Sales
Fifth Season is a tech-forward fresh food company and vertical farming pioneer dedicated to exciting consumers about salad. Our locally grown greens and salad kits are regionally available in retail and foodservice locations. By locally producing greens in highly controlled, robotic environments, Fifth Season’s long-lasting salad experience is full of joy and delight.
Fifth Season is seeking a Director of Retail Sales to expand our initial success across geographies and customers by planning, implementing, and driving the execution of our retail sales strategy. This highly experienced individual will own new customer generation, pricing plans, and sales growth plans. By operating within Fifth Season’s OKR process, they will establish objectives and priorities for subordinates. The role is also responsible for managing distributor partners / brokers.
The perfect individual for this role is a true leader that can inspire, motivate, and challenge the status quo. This leader will be an integral part of Fifth Season’s management team and will help mold the future growth plans for the company.
Driving Market Share Targets and Gross Sales
- Selling our products to national and key regional retailers and driving distribution gains.
- Establish quarterly goals and objectives, while measuring and reporting performance.
- Generating accurate sales forecasts and communicating actuals vs. plan to c-suite.
- Facilitate the trade planning process, lead execution, and communicate impact.
Own Customer and Broker Relationships
- Develop and manage relationships and strategies with key retail customers.
- Lead key relationships with distributors and brokers to deliver growth.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations to key customers.
Provide Functional Leadership
- Interface with Product Marketing and Ops to bring products to market with excellence.
- Identify short and long-term growth opportunities within existing and new markets.
- Drive sales improvements such as speed to market and project timelines.
- Communicate category trends and competitive insights.
- 5-10+ years of CPG sales experience, with experience in highly perishable foods.
- Prior experience managing key headquarter accounts or a sales region.
- Pre-existing relationships and management experience with brokers / distributors.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills, passion for technology.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial atmosphere or startup experience.
- Interest and willingness to lead a staff as the business grows.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred.