Production and Manufacturing and Supplier
2005-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
Fever-Tree, the international leader in fast-moving premium mixer drinks, is adding an Accounting Assistant to its New York-based US operations. Launched in 2005 and headquartered in the UK, the award-winning brand, which is the world’s leading supplier of premium carbonated mixers for alcoholic spirits by retail sales value, now has distribution to over 70 countries worldwide. Fever-Tree has ambitious plans for continued growth across North America and this is an opportunity to join one of the most successful beverage companies in the second year operating in the US.
Supporting a lean and growing Finance team, the Accounting Assistant will work closely with US Finance leadership, the AR Manager and Senior Accountant, in addition to members of the UK Finance team to provide support with both receivables and payables functions.
Specific responsibilities of the Accounting Assistant include:
- Creating, processing, entering, matching, and coding invoices;
- Validating, analyzing and resolving the customer / trade deductions and charge-backs alongside AR Manager;
- Assisting with AP cycle for customers including: inputing invoices or deductions, verifying approvals, reviewing for accuracy, and processing payments;
- Onboarding new vendors and customers, conducting credit checks;
- Owning T&E processing using Concur, Amex, NetSuite;
- Monitoring the supplier inbox to ensure that all invoices are processed within 1 day of receipt;
- Accurately keying and coding supplier invoices into Netsuite and matching against relevant purchase orders;
- Liaising with internal contacts to ensure invoices are processed effectively;
- Escalating queries within the finance team, where invoices are not processed in a timely manner;
- Provide administrative support to management when required; and
- Stepping up to assist the Finance team on special projects, as necessary.
Requirements and skills for the Accounting Assistant role include:
- A Bachelor's degree;
- A Bachelor’s degree specifically in Accounting and/or 1+ years of experience doing billing, invoicing, AP/AR work, ideally within a high growth organization;
- Working knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS;
- Experience using Netsuite or similar ERP system;
- Exceptional focus on attention to detail and accuracy in deadline driven environment, maintains sense of responsibility and ownership to see tasks through to completion;
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solve;
- Entrepreneurial team player, comfortable working in ambiguity and ready to multitask;
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team player with a positive attitude who can positively and productively impact the people and the business around them;
- Strong communication skills.