ABOUT THE ROLE
Eterneva is completely changing how we culturally view death and honoring our loved ones. We're here to bring a totally different tone to the end of life space, bringing brightness, hope, and healing to those who are grieving. We are category creators building the first globally recognizable end of life brand, with our sights set on being the first modern unicorn to redefine the antiquated deathcare industry.
As we've just closed our $10M Series A, the Head of Brand & Category Strategist will be an x-factor addition to our team, responsible for all of our storytelling, brand awareness, and market education efforts. You will work closely with the founder & CEO on brand positioning & strategy, lead our category-design initiatives, and manage our creative team.
This is a rare opportunity to use your experience with consumer brand strategy to grow a category-defining product that already has traction with millions in revenue, has a moat, and isn't a commodity in a crowded market.
The ideal Head of Brand & Category Strategist is a world-class storyteller who's performance and data-driven, with extensive experience developing emotive multichannel brand campaigns that draw from unique consumer insights and drive to major business outcomes. Ideally, you have experience selling highly branded and high consideration products.
You're a great fit if you have a player-coach mentality and welcome the chance to shape strategy and then help execute it.
You're mission-driven and want to work on something meaningful that positively impacts the lives of others. You will find so much fulfillment in the work!WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Report to the Integrator (President)
- Partner closely with the Visionary (CEO) on brand positioning, thought leadership, & category design
- Shape and execute the strategy to build awareness, develop the market, and sell the need state for grief wellness
- Build community and raving fans of the brand to fill the top of the funnel, allowing Marketing to then nurture and convert consumers to customers
- Manage creative team and build a highly-efficient in-house function that meets the needs of Brand, Marketing & Channel; this team prides itself on creativity and creative refresh rates
- Partner closely with VP Marketing to identify awareness channels that are working and need to be scaled, and new awareness channels to test (e.g. podcasts, video, TV, radio, print, OOH, etc.) and develop the storytelling, content, and creative to be delivered across these channels
- Shape the creative production process involving creative briefing and internal brainstorms & creative reviews
- Scale up influencer program, organic social channels, and PR
- Own company-wide brand continuity - ensuring all external channels and touchpoints are aligned with our brand standards and output from cross-functional departments stay on-brand
- Develop internal capabilities around research & consumer insights to feed our creative and storytelling
- Lead cross-functional efforts around bi-annual "lightening strikes" - major moment-in-time / category-building campaigns
- Establish reporting benchmarks and own achievement of weekly and monthly KPIs
- Build out internal brand team and manage external agencies
- 7-10 years in brand strategy with a track record of breakthrough strategic direction and creative output for trailblazing consumer brands
- An integrated thinker, who can sync up brand strategy, data & performance marketing, communications, content, membership, retail, and user experience
- Experience with high consideration products and high-ticket funnels; Eterneva products range in price from $3k-$50k
- Fluent in today's world: including social platforms, mobile, ecommerce, social change
- A natural collaborator, comfortable working iteratively with different disciplines in a fast-moving workplace
- Hands-on, player-coach mentality; a love of getting into the weeds from the get go, but an equal passion to inspire and nurture talent
- Desire to be a category-creator and experiment with channels to drive awareness for an entirely new product and product category
- Want to work at an early stage startup with the opportunity to build a moonshot
- Passionate about our mission to change how people experience grief and celebrate end of life
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Strong instincts and eye for creative and great design; ideally have had experience with creative & art direction
- Exposure to lead generation and sales funnels
- Channel marketing experience, especially with regional B2B2C models and SMB partnerships
- Competitive salary + variable performance
- 100% employer paid medical benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
Eterneva is a celebration of life company that honors the lives of remarkable people and pets by turning their ashes into real diamonds. The diamond is an extraordinarily special way to memorialize a loved one, because it's bright, it's personal and it's forever.
The eight month journey to create the diamond is just as special. We send monthly pictures, videos, updates so as to give our customers something to look forward to during a tough time, and as a result, many say we change their relationship to grief - see here:
- We are More than Our Struggles
- One of a Kind Christmas
- Dad's Last Gift
It's extraordinarily meaningful work, and we make raving fans out of every customer we serve with an NPS of 87. They'll fly across the country to visit us, and send us handwritten letters to thank us for some much-needed brightness, and for impacting their life.
It's our belief that remarkable people shouldn't be forgotten, and it's about time we brought meaning and celebration to end of life, instead of putting it in a box.
We pride ourselves in being forward-thinking in our industry -- from driving massive organic virality on our TikTok to partnering with Baylor University to develop groundbreaking new grief research that hasn't been modernized in over 50 years.
We're garnering a ton of attention for our fresh approach - we recently made Forbes 30 Under 30 lis t and the cover of Inc Magazine. We've been featured on Shark Tank, Keeping up with the Kardashians, Viceland's 2 Chainz Most Expensivist, New York Times, Forbes, and Tech Crunch and are have done diamond for celebrities like Stassi Shroeder and Christian Serratos. Some great hits:
- Freethink features Eterneva on Challengers Series
- Eterneva cover story in the Austin Business Journal
- Forbes on Eterneva's Series A funding
Since founding in 2017, we've raised a total of $14.8M from an impressive array of angels and VCs including Tiger Management, Goodwater Capital, Mark Cuban, CTO Glossier, founder Bonobos, and many others.
Eterneva is located in South Austin near the intersection of i35 and 290.Eterneva Values Make it Count - On & Off the Field we show up every day with energy, enthusiasm, eager to do our best work. We also act with intention and invest in ourselves and our close relationships outside of work. How Can I Be Better? we have growth mindsets, high standards, and are always wanting to improve. We enjoy learning new things and practice extreme ownership over our mistakes. Do As You Say we follow through on what we commit to and are dependable and accountable. Get Their Back we develop strong relationships across the team, we support each other, and we know if the team fails, everyone fails. Be the Change we're passionate about our mission and don't accept the status quo. We're a source of brightness to our customers and always thinking about how we could add more value and create raving fans.