Why this Role?
Eterneva's goal is to change the cultural conversation of death, grief, and remembrance for as many people as possible. Eterneva offers a unique customer journey to help transform the grief around the loss into remembrance around what was remarkable about the loved one. We do this through a unique offering of services and products, all centered around the notion that loved ones should stay a part of our lives and should be remembered remarkably.
Eterneva's premier product is memorial diamonds. We transform the residual carbon from cremated remains into diamonds and set these diamonds in a wide variety of jewelry items.
For these activities, Eterneva is building a production facility in the Kerrville / Ingram area, and we are currently looking for a Diamond Cutting Technician to join our team to handle a combination of responsibilities.
Focus of this Role:
The main responsibilities of a Cutting Technician at Eterneva include managing and operating diamond manufacturing equipment to shape and polish the diamond cut requested on customer work orders. They will also maintain the storage of these goods, and the labeling system employed in the facility: Lab Grown Rough Diamond Evaluation: At this stage of our process the customer's loved one is in true diamond form and will need to be evaluated for the diamond cut and carat weight that the customer has ordered. The rough will also be measured, weighed and documented to provide and share an accurate update for our customers of this stage of the journey. Operating Diamond Cutting Equipment: Our Cutting facility uses state of the art diamond cutting equipment to precisely shape and polish our customers diamonds. Rough and polished diamonds need to be received, stored, retrieved and shipped back out with proper labels and documentation. They will handle these tasks per the guidelines documented in Eterneva's SOP's. Tasks as assigned : In addition to the functions described above, they will be given a variety of tasks that may or may not be immediately related to the primary job responsibilities. We are a start-up, and all team members are expected to roll up their sleeves when and where required. This should not become more than 40% of overall work-load on a monthly period. Baseline Responsibilities Lab Grown rough and cut evaluations
Operate and maintain all diamond cutting equipment
Order and maintain all supplies needed to complete work-orders for diamond cutting etc
How We'll Measure This Role:
- You're mission-driven, want to serve others, and be a part of something greater than yourself
- You're an incredibly hard worker, fast learner and love working with people.
- You're self motivated, honest and transparent
- Adherence to company values
- Quality of day-to-day work
- Brand-audit results of "secret shopper"
- Quality of Cuts are Good or better
- Maintained cleanliness and organization of ops areas
- (Lack of) order errors
- Ability to balance being self starter/self-sufficient and requesting needed guidance/assistance
This is a 40 hr/week job, located at KRV-2. Requirements for the position are:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- GIA Graduate Gemologist or Graduate Diamonds certification highly preferred, or willingness to attain certification
- Detail oriented
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer skills required