Job DescriptionThe Division Director roles will be remote roles reporting into New York City. Presence or relocation to New York City is not required.
The Division Director is responsible for driving business and commercial performance across a large field unit and developing a solid, long-term partnership with client's division leadership counterparts. This position will manage a team of Field Managers who are each responsible for driving brand and commercial initiatives for a large portfolio of spirit brands in target on-premise accounts and within designated markets and/or DMAs through a team of account-dedicated representatives.
The Division Director plays an integral role on the agency team. Reporting to the agency's VP/Business Lead, the Division Director will assess and report on field activities to the agency HQ team, as well as provide leadership on agency policies for the field unit.
Legal and Compliance Accountability. Enforce and monitor all legal and marketing code guidelines with field team.
Leadership Management. Hire, onboard, and develop leaders in Field Management, providing feedback, mentorship, and career pathing.
Client Relationships. Communicate regularly with client counterpart to align on division approaches to brand and market goal setting, account coverage, execution, budget support distribution, and field team staffing.
Budget Management. Manage financial responsibilities for division unit including account support and T&E allocations.
Commercial and Performance Strategy. Plan, track and strategize brand and portfolio engagement using performance data provided by agency and client.
Agency Engagement. Serve as liaison between agency and field division, leading key initiatives including:
- Brand/category knowledge and business skills training
- Brand and portfolio programming implementation
- Drive division-level insights from field
- Division reporting efforts
- Support department-specific requests (HR, Finance, IT, Culture)
Cultivate Opportunities. As a thought partner to the client, seek out opportunities within the division to best leverage resources and partners to attain goals and grow relationships with trade contacts in the On Premise.
Network Communication. Communicate and partner with leads on complimentary client programs to ensure seamless and efficient in-market executions.
Travel and Work Withs. Travel within the assigned territory to work with Managers 1:1 to gain an understanding of local successes and challenges.
Team Meetings/Gatherings. Drive team culture, communicate quarterly plans and encourage ongoing education.
What Success Looks Like:
- Commercial growth (exceeding goals) across division on-premise universe
- Menu presence growth (exceeding goals) across division on-premise universe
- Delivery Of Program Activities within the on-premise environment
- Positive 360° feedback from division team, agency HQ, and client partners
- Share of success through strategic communications such that division progress is clearly communicated to and understood by both agency and client
- High rate of added value across division (going over and above with our client partnership in the field)
- High team retention rate / career advancement within agency network
- College degree (4-year) or B.A./B.S. equivalent with focus on Communications, Marketing or Business
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the spirits industry, agency experience preferred
- Experience managing field teams and working remotely
- Distributor or broker experience is a plus
- Proven strong customer relationship experience
- Expert working knowledge of P & L and budget management
- Knowledge of liquor laws, regulations, and rules
- Deep understanding of market trends and competition activity is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Persuasive selling and negotiation skills are required to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Experience in leading, coaching and developing a team
The base compensation range for this job classification is between $120,000 and $160,000.00. The determination of what a specific employee in this job classification is paid depends on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, prior employment history/job-related skills and qualifications, length of service and geographic location. This job classification is bonus-eligible, with bonus potential subject to applicable bonus plan terms and conditions.
This position offers incentive opportunities plus full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with match, PTO time and more!
Enthuse and Inspira Marketing are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.