This position must be based in Dallas, TX.
The Division Director is responsible for driving business and commercial performance across a large field unit and developing a solid, long-term partnership with client counterparts. This position will manage a team of Field Managers who are each responsible for driving brand and commercial initiatives for a large portfolio of spirit brands in target on-premise accounts and within designated markets and/or DMAs through a team of account-dedicated representatives.
Divisions align with spirit client's distributor partners across the US.
The Division Director plays an integral role on the agency team. Reporting to the agency's VP/Business Lead, the Division Director will communicate field interests to the agency HQ team and lead agency policies for their field unit.
Legal and Compliance Accountability. Enforce all legal and Marketing Code guidelines with field team.
Leadership Management. Hire, onboard and develop leaders in Field Management, providing feedback, mentorship and career pathing.
Client Relationships. Communicate regularly with client counterpart to align on division approaches to brand and market goal setting, account coverage, execution, budget support distribution and field team staffing.
Budget Management. Manage financial responsibilities for division unit including account support and T&E allocations.
Commercial and Performance Strategy. Plan, track and strategize brand and portfolio engagement using performance data provided by agency and client.
Agency Engagement. Serve as liaison between agency and field division, leading key initiatives including:
- Brand/category knowledge and business skills training
- Brand and portfolio programming implementation
- Drive division-level insights from field
- Division Reporting Efforts
- Support Department requests (HR, Finance, IT, Culture)
Cultivate Opportunities. As a thought partner to the client, seek out opportunities within the division to best leverage resources and partners to attain goals and grow relationships with trade contacts in the on-premise world.
Network Communication. Communicate and partner with leads on other client programs to ensure seamless in-market executions.
Travel and Work Withs. Travel within the assigned territory to work with Managers 1:1, gaining an understanding of local successes and challenges.
Team Meetings/Gatherings. Drive team culture, communicate quarterly plans and encourage ongoing education.
What Success Looks Like:
- Commercial Growth (Above Goals) across division on-premise universe
- Menu Presence Growth (Above Goals) across division on-premise universe
- Delivery of program activities within the on-premise environment
- Positive 365° Feedback from division team, HQ and client partners
- Socialized success stories across the agency and client indicating the network sees the work that's being executed
- High rate of added value across division (going over and above with our client partnership in the field)
- High team retention rate / career advancement within agency network
- College Degree with focus on communications, marketing, business
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the spirits industry, agency experience preferred
- Experience managing field teams and working from home
- Distributor or Broker experience is a plus
- Proven strong customer relationship experience
- Expert working knowledge of P & L and budget management
- Knowledge of Liquor Regulations, and rules,
- Deep understanding of market trends and competition activity is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Persuasive selling and negotiation skills are required to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel on an ad hoc basis including nights and weekends required
- A valid driver's license and access to a vehicle (travel required)
- Experience in leading, coaching and developing a team
- Bilingual (English and Spanish-speaking) a plus
The base compensation range for this job classification is between $120,000 and $160,000. The determination of what a specific employee in this job classification is paid depends on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, prior employment history/job-related skills and qualifications, length of service and geographic location. This job classification is bonus-eligible, with bonus potential subject to applicable bonus plan terms and conditions.
This position offers incentive opportunities plus full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with match, PTO time and more!
Enthuse and Inspira Marketing are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.