About The Position
Engine Shop is looking for a Brand Activation Manager (BAM) to work hand-in-hand with our account team, production managers, distributors, bartenders, bar owners and consumers.
Engine Shop is a creative-led experiential agency solving business challenges with storytelling and by connecting our clients with their audiences at the intersection of consumer passion points (e.g., lifestyle, culture, sports, music, film, television, and gaming). Through physical experiences, content, and branded entertainment, we drive our clients’ business objectives by turning a brand’s identity, equities and emotional intelligence from abstract to tangible.
But that is not our only focus. Our culture is a consideration in everything we do. How we treat one another, how we have each other’s backs, and how we welcome people for who they are, set the metrics of how we define ourselves. And we know work must fit into life and life into work.
We want new people to not only join us, but to also drive us. Drive us to better solutions, drive us to be a better collective, drive us to be the “Better Way.”
You love people, especially meeting them and speaking to them. You spark interest from crowds with your energy. You are a trend setter who knows all the hottest spots in Seattle. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator who is reliable, organized, people-focused, and conducts all matters in a professional manner. This person must be able to identify potential challenges, identify quick solutions, and become a trusted partner for client and agency contacts.
Engine Shop is looking for a Brand Activation Manager (BAM) to work hand-in-hand with our account team, production managers, distributors, bartenders, bar owners and consumers. This role is accountable for growing and retaining the spirit brands’ customer base and building brand awareness. The BAM has a full grasp on all things spirits and all things Seattle and will use their area expertise to transform concepts into reality.
FUNCTIONS + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage prospective consumers onsite during key marketing events as the voice of the brand, constantly engaging both consumers and retail personnel to increase sales of the product
- Work alongside of State Managers, Area Managers and distributor sales representatives weekly, to support State Managers and Area Managers representation of our Spirits client’s portfolio, and observe market activity
- Assist with meetings of key on-premise accounts within the assigned area to develop strong working relationships
- Activate events in Seattle, as well as support to national initiatives, leading marketing efforts from grassroot sampling to events
- Responsible for sales objectives, account management, new distribution, drink features and program development & execution
- Measure success with the use of Data Capture units onsite at events
- Complete administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner (budget reconciliation, timesheets, expense reports, evaluations, etc.)
- Complete & submit post event recaps to include measurement data, list of objectives, accomplishments, competitive activities, special projects and/or any needs
- Provide timely, accurate post-event reporting via an online reporting system
- Stay informed of customer and consumer trends; develop programs to capitalize on such trends
- Mix cocktails to sample brand at local on-premise accounts per instruction of Market Manager
- Provide market and competitive brand updates to supervisor to include timely and accurate communication of changing field conditions that may affect volume as well as staffing changes at distributors and competitors
- Exceed liquor sales goals within designated market
- Provide feedback on marketing effectiveness and sales initiatives for programs, POS, advertising, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate BA/BS degree
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- At least 3 years of related brand activation experience; additional consideration for candidates with spirits, bartending or prior off/on-premise liquor sampling experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with executives, employees, vendors and customers at all levels of the organization, in person, via phone, video conference and email
- Proven ability to independently balance multiple projects and drive collaboration across multiple outlets
- Ability to analyze available information for the purposes of preparing reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems
- Strong knowledge of liquor category, including cocktailing
- Proven sales skills, ideally within beer/wine/spirits categories
- Valid US driver’s license & clean record with reliable transportation
- Reliable and punctual; no tolerance for no call, no show situation
- Reliable access to a computer
- Friendly, professional demeanor
- Ability to attend events on nights, weekends, and holidays
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401K + company match
- Flex vacation policy
ENGINE SHOP IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL AGENCY.
We are looking for great people who are passionate about what they do. People who understand the value of hard work, are willing to get their hands dirty and enjoy the process as much as the result. People who love working on a team. People with a make it happen and get it done attitude. People who, no matter what the level, are thinkers and leaders. No two gears are the same, but they all fit together to make an unstoppable machine here at Engine Shop.
In return, our promise to you is what we’ll work tirelessly to create opportunities for your professional and personal development while communicating with transparency about the company you’ve chosen to work for.
Our people are why Engine Shop has been consistently named a “Best Place To Work” by Ad Age and Event Marketer.