BECOME OUR BEST INGREDIENT...
Bring your talent to the mix at Empire Merchants, a world-class distributor of fine wines and spirits. Quality people are our best ingredient for success in this thriving, established industry. We are currently seeking a few exceptional people looking to grow their careers at a premier Distributor of Choice that serves more than 10,000 NY Metro area restaurants, hotels, clubs and retail outlets. In return, Empire Merchants can offer you the perfect combination of exceptional benefits and compensation, superior industry training on all levels along in a fun, high-energy environment. Want to look forward to Mondays?
We are currently seeking an extraordinary Field Sales Manager who can achieve the sales volume and distribution objectives of the company and supplier by managing and coaching a team of sales representatives to make their standards of performance goals through proper planning, organization, training and execution. ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
- Pre-plans prior to the beginning of each sales period by holding a one on one meeting with each representative, strategizing on how best to achieve goals and objectives, and when applicable, helping representatives define target accounts. Conducts effective one on one weekly sales meetings with sales representatives by communicating sales objectives and programs, identifying opportunities, reviewing performance against goals, and guiding team members on how to close gaps.
- Develops and reviews performance enhancement plans for each sales representative by maintaining training files, conducting evaluations, monitoring 90 day evaluations on new hires, performing coaching calls, filling out MBOs and following up on progress as needed.
- Addresses any skill deficiencies of sales representatives by developing customized coaching plans, tracking progress and recording improvement against them.
- Demonstrates strong customer orientation by maintaining relationships with key accounts, identifying account opportunities, performing customer business reviews, developing opening orders with new accounts, selling-in resets of stores, managing open territories and resolving customer complaints.
- Participates in the associate interview and selection process by working with human resources to source candidates, schedule interviews, conduct interviews, and manage the on-boarding process.
- Manages supplier surveys by planning routes, pre-surveying accounts, conducting survey with supplier, recapping the survey and scheduling sales representatives as needed.
- Coordinates supplier ride-withs by collaborating with Business Managers in the scheduling of sales representatives.
- Resolves customer issues by following appropriate administrative processes and company policies and escalating issues to management as appropriate.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. Sales Skills, WSET, Pocket Advantage, Diver).
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.