DistributorView Full Profile
About The Position
BECOME OUR BEST INGREDIENT...
Bring your talent to the mix at Empire Merchants, a division of the Charmer Sunbelt Group, a world-class distributor of fine wines and spirits. Quality people are our best ingredient for success in this thriving, established industry. We are currently seeking a few exceptional people looking to grow their careers at a premier Distributor of Choice that serves more than 10,000 NY Metro area restaurants, hotels, clubs and retail outlets. In return, Empire Merchants can offer you the perfect combination of exceptional benefits and compensation, superior industry training on all levels along in a fun, high-energy environment. Want to look forward to Mondays?
We are currently seeking an extraordinary Field Sales Manager who can achieve the sales volume and distribution objectives of the company and supplier by managing and coaching a team of sales representatives to make their standards of performance goals through proper planning, organization, training and execution.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
- Pre-plans prior to the beginning of each sales period by holding a one on one meeting with each representative, strategizing on how best to achieve goals and objectives, and when applicable, helping representatives define target accounts.
- Conducts effective one on one weekly sales meetings with sales representatives by communicating sales objectives and programs, identifying opportunities, reviewing performance against goals, and guiding team members on how to close gaps.
- Develops and reviews performance enhancement plans for each sales representative by maintaining training files, conducting evaluations, monitoring 90 day evaluations on new hires, performing coaching calls, filling out MBOs and following up on progress as needed.
- Addresses any skill deficiencies of sales representatives by developing customized coaching plans, tracking progress and recording improvement against them.
- Demonstrates strong customer orientation by maintaining relationships with key accounts, identifying account opportunities, performing customer business reviews, developing opening orders with new accounts, selling-in resets of stores, managing open territories and resolving customer complaints.
- Participates in the associate interview and selection process by working with human resources to source candidates, schedule interviews, conduct interviews, and manage the on-boarding process.
- Manages supplier surveys by planning routes, pre-surveying accounts, conducting survey with supplier, recapping the survey and scheduling sales representatives as needed.
- Coordinates supplier ride-withs by collaborating with Business Managers in the scheduling of sales representatives.
- Resolves customer issues by following appropriate administrative processes and company policies and escalating issues to management as appropriate.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, SFA).
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The Field Sales Manager supervises those sales representatives on his/her team.
Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience.
- Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit is required.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle preferred
A minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An understanding of wine and spirits is required.
- Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly exposed normal business office environment. The ability to share workspace, travel by car or train, dress in proper business attire, attend evening meetings and meet deadlines are all requirements of this position. Associate is often required to be in the market and may require exposure to inclement weather.