About The Position
We are seeking a high energy, motivated Field Sales Manager for sales routes that cover the Hudson Valley Region.
Empire Merchants North is the premier wine and spirits distributor in Upstate New York with roots going back to the end of Prohibition. With more than 650 dedicated employees and state-of-the-art facilities, Empire Merchants North has become synonymous with both service and quality and has earned the loyalty of more than 9,000 area restaurants, bars, hotels, nightclubs, and retail outlets. Empire Merchants North acts as a marketing agent for the brands that we represent and is proud to employ the most knowledgeable and well-equipped sales force in Upstate New York.
Our FSM's have a proven history of achieving sales volume and distribution objectives of the company and supplier by managing and coaching a team of sales representatives to make their standards of performance goals through proper planning, organization, training, and execution.
This position will be representing the Moët Hennessy portfolio.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
- Pre-plans before the beginning of each sales period by holding a one on one meeting with each representative, strategizing on how best to achieve goals and objectives, and when applicable, helping representatives define target accounts.
- Conducts effective one on one weekly sales meetings with sales representatives by communicating sales objectives and programs, identifying opportunities, reviewing performance against goals, and guiding team members on how to close gaps.
- Develops and reviews performance enhancement plans for each sales representative by maintaining training files, conducting evaluations, monitoring 90-day evaluations on new hires, performing coaching calls, filling out MBOs and following up on progress as needed.
- Addresses any skill deficiencies of sales representatives by developing customized coaching plans, tracking progress, and recording improvement against them.
- Demonstrates strong customer orientation by maintaining relationships with key accounts, identifying account opportunities, performing customer business reviews, developing opening orders with new accounts, selling-in resets of stores, managing open territories and resolving customer complaints.
- Participates in the associate interview and selection process by working with human resources to source candidates, schedule interviews, conduct interviews, and manage the on-boarding process.
- Manages supplier surveys by planning routes, pre-surveying accounts, conducting a survey with suppliers, recapping the survey, and schedule sales representatives as needed.
- Will coordinates supplier ride-withs by collaborating with Business Managers in the scheduling of sales representatives.
- Resolves customer issues related to returns and breakage by following appropriate administrative processes.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g., WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, SFA).
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The Field Sales Manager supervises those sales representatives on his/her team.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- A clean, valid New York State Driver’s License is required.
- Ability to obtain and hold a valid NYS Solicitor’s Permit
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An understanding of wine and spirits is required.
- Previous supervisory experience highly desirable.
- Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software.
Applicants only, No Recruiters please.
Empire Merchants North is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Empire Merchants North will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying and require special assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources department at (800) 724-3960.