Empire Merchants North is the premier wine and spirits distributor in Upstate New York with roots going back to the end of Prohibition. With more than 600 dedicated employees and state-of-the-art facilities, Empire Merchants North has become synonymous with both service and quality and has earned the loyalty of more than 9,000 area restaurants, bars, hotels, nightclubs, and retail outlets. Empire Merchants North acts as a marketing agent for the brands that we represent and is proud to employ the most knowledgeable and well-equipped sales force in Upstate New York.
We are seeking a high energy, motivated Cash Applications Clerk
in our Coxsackie, NY location. POSITION SUMMARY
Records and verifies payment data for use in maintaining accurate records by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
• Verifies payments and ensures that all required paperwork is accurately completed including check numbers and amounts paid.
• Compiles batches and applies customer and supplier checks to AR accounts
• Submits check batches to bank via onsite scanners
• Applies supplier credit memos to AR accounts
• Assists in reviewing and coding cash reports sent from branch locations.
• Assists with questions regarding balancing problems with the daily cash report.
• Keys data in the cash receipts journal.
• Assist in the month end processes as needed
• Participate in special department projects/initiatives as directed
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Assures all monthly, weekly and daily deadlines are met in the cash applications process.
• Complies with established company criteria for accuracy of cash application.
• Balancing to entries posted in ledger.
• Ability to compile, analyze and interpret financial information and data to facilitate decision making.
• Other duties as assignedSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
High school diploma.
2 years' experience in line-item cash applications and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent data entry skills. Proficient PC skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Result oriented and professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills. Ability to multi-task, to pay attention to detail and to meet deadlines.
Applicants only, No Recruiters please.
Empire Merchants North is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Empire Merchants North will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying and require special assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources department at (800) 724-3960.
EEO is the Law
Employee Rights - Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Employee Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act