Empire Merchants North is the premier wine and spirits distributor in Upstate New York with roots going back to the end of Prohibition. With more than 600 dedicated employees and state-of-the-art facilities, Empire Merchants North has become synonymous with both service and quality and has earned the loyalty of more than 9,000 area restaurants, bars, hotels, nightclubs, and retail outlets. Empire Merchants North acts as a marketing agent for the brands that we represent and is proud to employ the most knowledgeable and well-equipped sales force in Upstate New York.
We are seeking a high energy, motivated Account Development Specialist - Rochester / Finger Lakes Region
Responsible for maximizing the sales and marketing of supplier brands to a targeted off-premise and on-premise account base through effective planning, selling, merchandising and communication that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives. ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
• Determines specific needs of individual off-premise and on-premise accounts by analyzing account data and surveying for opportunities.
• Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company's priorities and customers' needs to include selling new products, distribution, display or feature opportunities, drink and/or wine lists and promotions.
• Obtains appropriate distribution of supplier brands throughout the targeted off-premise or on-premise account base by presenting and selling based on the brands' features and benefits.
• Maintains key accounts, by effectively communicating marketing plans, maintaining relationships with influencers presenting new products and conducting business reviews as prescribed by management.
• Understands company pricing and product programming information monthly by reviewing and maintaining accurate and up to date records.
• Understands competitive pricing and product programming by reviewing pricing schedules and surveying accounts.
• Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
• Educates account staff on priority brands by administering instructional staff training seminars.
• Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier work-with sales calls.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Supports sales representatives as a training and information resource by presenting and sharing account trends and brand knowledge.
• Produces wine, and cocktail lists by working with BRANDMUSCLE.
• Facilitates accounts visits, dinners for dignitaries and supplier representatives by scheduling and preparing accounts to meet the expectations of suppliers and management.
• Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management.
• Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Education, Certifications and/or licenses:
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor's degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience.
Ability to hold a Solicitor's Permit required.
Must have a valid driver's license and be able to operate a motor vehicle. Experience:
A minimum of two years in sales or industry related experience is required. Knowledge/Skills:
A sound understanding of wine and spirits is required.
Strong computer, customer service and interpersonal skills required.
Results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication
skills; uses diplomacy and discretion.
Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
Proficient PC Skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software.
Familiarity with assigned territory is a plus.
Applicants only, No Recruiters please.
Empire Merchants North is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Empire Merchants North will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying and require special assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources department at (800) 724-3960.
EEO is the Law
Employee Rights - Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Employee Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act