Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
This position requires both a strategic and tactical approach, strong sales skills, experience within snacks / confectionery categories and interpersonal dexterity to manage brand performance at scale. The position is remote, requires up to 70% travel and reports to the CEO.
· Designs and drives sales strategy, coordinating with the CEO and the Board and insures implementation and sales performance.
· Develops, maintains and grows strong relationships with key accounts across the country. Programs and carries out effectively sales calls, attends in-person category reviews and trade shows.
· Manages both key accounts and independents across natural and conventional, food service and Clubs. Ensures the proper Brand and Trade standards are maintained
· Connects with distributors and external partners to coordinate and execute a broad range of sales development activities such as product training and presentations, account calls, tastings, promotions, events.
· Tracks and measures ROI of all sales investments, trade programs at the national and local level. Create sales reports and share with leadership.
· Works with Operations and Marketing teams to monitor execution of sales and associated marketing programs, creating efficiencies, growth in sales, in profits and cost performance.
· Challenged to identify and deliver on new and incremental selling channels, studying and understanding each specific market structure and account base.
· Manages brokers, merchandizers and any local or national external sales support.
· 5+ Years of proven sales experience within the Natural Foods Industry, preferred in the Snacks/confectionery categories.
· A sense of positive urgency in executing everyday responsibilities, with independent spirit and result-driven focus.
· Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
· Ability to work in fast-paced, “start-up” style, high pressure environment
· Strong organizational, communication and inter-personal skills to relate cross-functionally
· Strong communication ethic in getting back to customers, suppliers and internal company personnel.
· Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities, multi-tasking while keeping organized
· Ability to act both strategically and tactically, problem-solving and leading by example
· Facilitate knowledge and process sharing across the organization.
· Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
· Support the CEO and Board with needed information regarding the state of the business to facilitate decision making.
· Fluent knowledge of MS Office applications
- Brand building approach
- Drive for results
- Customer focus
- Motivating others
- Training and event planning
- Inter-personal savvy
- Tactical execution
- Priority setting
- Managing & measuring work
- Personal learning
- Process orientation
- Knowledge management
- Strategic agility
- Reports To CEO