About The Position
About Echo Spirits Distilling Co.: We created our distillery to be an echo of a time when we knew the people making our local products. We're hauling ingredients, distilling, and taste-testing. You can come in and shake the hand of the person who made your rum or whiskey, and we'll give you a tour. We’re personable and friendly. While the rest of the world is speeding up, we're returning to a slower pace of life. We're returning to normal.
This role requires a highly self-motivated, outgoing individual with a desire to serve in both a sales and a leadership capacity. The Sales Representative works autonomously to develop new accounts and maintain existing accounts, primarily focused in Central Ohio but with occasional work elsewhere. Emphasis is placed on increasing both the availability and visibility of our spirits in new and existing accounts through menu placements, trade education, and points of distribution. This role will also be responsible for representing Echo Spirits at events and brand activations.
We value work ethic and accountability, and we strive to create a culture that fosters both. We are big on personality fit and teamwork to keep our culture healthy and fun. We like what we do and hope that you are the right person to join us on this journey.
Reports to: Marketing manager, Sales Team lead
Job Type: Full time
Compensation: Base (negotiable based on experience) + commission
Benefits: PTO, health insurance (in progress, implemented by mid-year)
- Schedule time with and visit accounts to showcase Echo Spirits’ brand and products.
- Target, plan, schedule, and execute on- and off-premise events, trainings, promotions, and samplings.
- On-premise focus on building relationships with a goal of menu placement. Conduct staff training sessions at customer establishments and execute bar night promotions
- Off-premise focus on employee knowledge of our products and improving product placement within State agencies.
- Represent Echo Spirits at festivals and events, including evening and weekend work.
- Collaborate with management to create and fulfill strategic goals.
- Recommend and implement sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Anticipated 80% time traveling/field work and 20% in-distillery admin, planning, etc.
- Regular collaboration with management team to provide updates, strategize, and work together to make you as successful as possible.
- Occasional other duties-as-assigned: we’re a small company and everyone does a little bit of everything from time to time.
- Assist the Marketing team in planning and executing creative local events that increase the presence and visibility of our brands
- Build long-term business relationships through ongoing personal interaction with customers
- Assist customers with inventory management
Physical Demands: This position requires standing for long periods as well as walking, bending, and stooping. The position requires working taste buds, the ability to smell, feel with fingers, and visually inspect, including close and distance vision. The position requires the ability to use arms and hands and manipulate fingers to reach. The position requires the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years of distributor/supplier sales experience, preferably in spirits/beer/wine
- Previous bartending experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have a reliable, presentable vehicle and a valid driver's license
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends for on-premise account development and programming
- Computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Suite and CRM applications
- Motivated, self-starter
- Friendly & outgoing
- Strong organizational skills
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of distilled spirits
- Strong judgment, professional maturity, and ability to handle oneself in an environment with alcohol