About The Position
East Fork is looking to add a passionate, mission-driven, Sales Director to join our team who is driven by ROI and crushing sales goals while overdelivering on value and service to our customers.
This role will report to the CEO and will leverage outstanding analytical skills, strong business intuition, and industry knowledge to play a material role in helping us continue to scale and deliver on our mission.
As the Director of Sales at East Fork, you will be responsible for developing and executing our growing sales strategy for all sales channels. We will look to you to ensure that each channel has the necessary tools/technical platforms in place and functioning efficiently to support it and that all sales team members are tightly aligned with the marketing team’s efforts.
You are highly motivated to deliver on revenue goals and have experience applying creative strategies to achieve them. You will manage our selling schedule: from driving pre-order strategies for our seasonal and limited pottery launches and corresponding third-party merchandise, to developing cross-category bundles and promotions to maximize the life cycle of products.
You are familiar with and comfortable in a startup-like environment. You’re excited by the opportunity to apply your experience to make a big impact with a smaller team. You have a demonstrated understanding of headless ecommerce platform operations combined with experience in optimizing the backend technical platform and evaluating internal fulfillment procedures.
Working closely with Customer Care and Marketing, you will develop a top-tier sales and customer success team. You will create and implement streamlined processes and systems, effective training to industry best practices, and a culture of utilizing data to improve and expand our revenue channels.
- Build a comprehensive selling strategy around our industry, wholesale and registry channels
- Increase direct-to-consumer sales, while building a genuine relationship with customers of East Fork, leading to increased loyalty
- Strategize and execute robust and innovative revenue generating eCommerce strategies with short and long term KPIs
- Lead prospecting to lead generation and high value customer targeting processes and for our expanding revenu goals to restaurant partners
- Develop a go-to-market plan for new channels, including budget, forecast, efficiency targets, and partner selection.
- Responsible for achieving gross revenue goals and managing discounts to achieve net revenue targets.
Planning & Strategy
- Lead strategic sales planning, in service of our 5 year vision
- Develop and lead execution of strategies which increase traffic, conversion rates, and average order value across D2C and varying consumer touchpoints
- Maintain customer acquisition and retention strategies in collaboration with the Director of Marketing (email marketing, loyalty / subscription programs, personalization programs, etc)
- Lead the development and execution of promotions and upselling strategies
- Provide strategic direction of the customer relationship for short term and long-term success
- Build and define sustainable partnerships with key decision-makers
- Manage promotional processes from the planning stage with brand marketing from development to execution, ensuring all marketing and brand timelines are met, deliverables are executed, and communication is timely to internal parties and the retailer
- Actively seeks and curates new revenue streams and channels such as product feeds and marketplaces
- Create sales strategies for all product categories, in cooperation with Marketing Team Leadership, as well as drive sales campaigns, product launches, partnerships and promotions
- Manage Sales operations team members to accurately forecast sales and product assortment across all categories
- Hire, manage, and develop a team of driven, highly engaged individuals to manage all sales channels.
- Proactively team/partner with internal East Fork resources across departments that influence and help with execution of the sales team strategy, to lead plan development, selling activities and forecasting to maximize performance
- Builds, optimizes and documents policy and process for all aspects of sales and platform operations
- Maintain staffing plan for Fulfillment operations to support Q4 volume and consistent output throughout the year
- Build KPIs for all channels measuring and sharing results on business-critical KPIs related to growth and own achievement of weekly and monthly KPIs.
- Manage Sales Budget
- Drives and/or supports company priority initiatives.
- Other special assignments as the business requires.