Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recognized by Glassdoor as a "Best Place to Work" four years in a row, we couldn't be prouder of our employees. We are the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100 brands. We are committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the team! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Think you need to be a wine expert to work for Gallo? You don't. As a Wine Merchandiser, we give you open access to award-winning training. So if you're looking to break into the wine & spirits industry, this opportunity offers great exposure, ensuring you'll have a successful career. You'll have the chance to meet and interact with people from all walks of life, working to build lasting relationships. Discounts on wine, full-time benefits, and weekends and nights off, are also a huge plus. What You'll Do: Display Products-
- Call on liquor stores and some grocery stores
- Be a detective, identifying opportunities and locations to cross-merchandise in accounts, outside of the liquor department for incremental sales
- Partner with the Sales Representative to merchandise Gallo products to stimulate impulse purchases using eye-catching display pieces (wine barrels, etc.) across the store
What we are looking for:
- Maintain shelves and cold boxes up to standards
- Ensure inventory levels are sustained, by staying in constant contact with Retailers and Sales Representatives on status of Gallo products
- Maintain positive brand image throughout each account ensuring cleanliness and proper facing of products
- Assist with special projects such as store resets, remodels, etc.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to lift and move 45-57 pound cases of product.
- Good communication skills.
- Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures.
What will set you apart:
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Skilled merchandising techniques
- Experience working in a retail sales environment or alcoholic beverage industry
- Good communication, problem solving, and time management skills
Gallo does not sponsor for employment-based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here
Requisition ID: 72049
Marketing, wine representative, sales, commission, operations, merchandiser, merchandising, retail sales, retail, promotions, display, wine, spirits, oakland, san leandro, berkely, richmond, el cerrito, emeryville Equal Opportunity Employer Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.