With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future. FINANCE/ACCOUNTING INTERNSHIP LOCATION: MODESTO, CA Finance/Accounting Department
Members of the Finance & Accounting teams challenge the status quo by bringing new perspectives and ideas to the organization. A key to success is the ability to understand complex business issues and to creatively develop appropriate solutions for improvement. E. & J. Gallo Winery offers the advantages of a broad-based multinational company while providing the personal involvement of management in your development. The goal is to provide individuals with valuable experience, applying their field of study, in a challenging work environment. About Gallo
Founded by brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo in 1933 in Modesto, California, E. & J. Gallo Winery is the world's largest family-owned winery and the acclaimed producer of award-winning wines and spirits featured in more than 90 countries around the globe. A pioneer in the art of grape growing, winemaking, sustainable practices, marketing and worldwide distribution, Gallo crafts and imports wines and spirits to suit a diverse range of tastes and occasions, from everyday offerings to boutique, luxury bottlings. Job Summary
The Finance & Accounting Departments are searching for appropriate candidates to fill 6-8 week position. These Intern positions require strong analytical, interpersonal, and written communication skills. Successful candidates are self-motivated and can manage multiple tasks in a team environment. The interns' essential functions include:
- Support operating groups
- Prepare Balance Sheet Account Analysis Reconciliations
- Assist in the monthly Accounting close
- Prepare accounting process documentation
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations
- Work on special projects as assigned
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Statistics; or a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Statistics.
- The position requires availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future. Equal Opportunity Employer Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
- Junior or Senior class standing at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proficiency with personal computer spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.