With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As the EHS Director you will be responsible for thought leadership, establishing strategies and overseeing program development on all topics related to EH&S at multiple facilities including wineries, glass manufacturing, and vineyard operations. With a heavy focus on our Environmental initiatives, you will engage a team of knowledgeable professionals in areas focused primarily around California regulations and programs. While reporting to the Sr. Director of Global EHS & Sustainability, you will have visibility and direct impact on key regulatory partnerships. You will drive continuous improvement of programs and systems that support environmental, health and safety excellence while building up your own team's capabilities in these areas. You will foster a culture of sustainability, proactivity, accountability and engagement through robust programs and processes with the primary goal of ensuring environmental compliance. The role will also be responsible for ensuring continuation of Gallo's certification to ISO 14001 as well as that of the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance programs. This key role will lead and develop others to ensure the company meets or exceeds legislative, corporate and industry requirements, as well as best practice standards. What You Will Do Environmental Initiatives:
- Provides organizational leadership and accountability
- Acts as the thought leader on programs and processes
- Ensures organizational performance of Environmental is in the top tier of all CPG companies
- Interprets legislation and develops strategies for ensuring organizational compliance
- Responsible for interpreting and applying regulatory obligations
- Provides strategic planning to anticipate changes in regulations or organizational performance
- Responsible for enterprise-wide environmental performance
- Assist in thought leadership on organizational sustainability efforts
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations
What You Need
- Develops human capital to ensure career growth and business continuity.
- Acts as interface with all governmental bodies related to Environmental Compliance.
- Negotiate high level issues with agencies, associations and other parties in relation to EH&S initiatives
- Maintain leadership over teams spanning multiple site facilities while continuing to build their knowledge in specialized areas of EH&S and helping to bridge gaps with your expertise
- Leading prioritization of multiple site initiatives and engaging team members to balance priorities
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree in an Environmental or EHS technical field of study plus 10 years of experience in EHS fields reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Master's degree in an EHS technical field of study plus 12 years of experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- CSP and/or CHMM certifications.
- Experience with taking ideas from conception to market and working in the creation of products where there is a level of complexity in the product itself and where technology is key to success.
Gallo does not sponsor employment-based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here .
Requisition ID: 76306
OPE001Equal Opportunity Employer Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.