Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Named a Glassdoor "Best Places to Work" three years in row, we couldn't be prouder of our company culture. As the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100+ unique wine and spirits brands, our products are synonymous with life's special occasions. Come celebrate with us! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
As the Director, Direct to Consumer (DTC) Sales, you will lead the Direct to Consumer business for wineries such as William Hill Estate, Louis Martini, Orin Swift, and J Vineyards to include long term envisioning for the wine clubs and elevating the consumer journey on site at tasting rooms. You will establish, plan, and administer the overall direction and goals for these wineries, and will work across the broader organization to continuously improve our consumer facing businesses.
The consumer experience is at the heart of Gallo's purpose. If you are passionate about fine wine and an innovative thinker that has experience in providing a world class experience to consumers, we want to hear from you. What You Will Do
What You Will Need
- Develops the strategic plan for Direct to Consumer Business to support the broader goals of the Premium Renaissance objectives.
- Collaborates with Brand Marketing to effectively integrate Direct to Consumer Business into brand plans and ensure a seamless, on equity consumer experience.
- Collaborates with Digital Marketing team to stay informed on key digital marketing platform/tools and optimize digital presence on key consumer facing touchpoints (websites, listings, banners, etc.).
- Partners with Brand Activation Manager to drive destination awareness with qualified consumers to drive traffic to our tasting rooms and websites.
- Envisions opportunity in the Direct to Consumer Business channel and enlists/engages the leadership team to execute effective tactical plans to reach departmental goals.
- Establishes and gains alignment on financial goals through 3P, annual and quarterly planning process to ensure that established targets are achieved.
- Leverage Capital Investments to realize growth potential while adhering to established budgets and timelines.
- Optimizes the Direct to Consumer small lot portfolio to ensure that supply meets demand and deliver gross margin results.
- Represents Direct to Consumer Business at company, business unit, and cross-functional meetings to report on departmental performance.
- Develops a successful vision/strategy, through strong leadership skills.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
- Directs the development and implementation of standards and goals, ensuring they support the organization's business plans.
- Attract, retain, motivate and develop Direct to Consumer leaders to create a culture of growth and opportunity.
- Develops, coaches and mentors team
What Will Set You Apart
- Master's Degree plus 8 years of consumer experience marketing and sales experience to include supervisory or managerial experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; -OR- Bachelor's Degree plus 10 years of consumer experience marketing and sales experience to include supervisory or managerial experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Supervisory or management experience.
- Experience leading and developing an organization.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Luxury retail DTC experience
- Luxury wine sales experience
- Leadership experience in wine club management and tasting rooms
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Hospitality Management plus 10 years of consumer experience marketing and sales experience to include supervisory or managerial experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Skilled in the use of MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills in a multi-functional business environment.
- Experience influencing both peers and senior management and leading the organization to a common solution based on data.
- Skilled in thinking and acting strategically, across multiple functions and translating into logical business applications.
- Advanced competence translating business issues into problem statements and defining work objectives.
- Anticipates political dynamics and successfully navigates organizational conflicts.
- Experience with leading cross- functional decision-making processes with all levels of employees.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here .
#LI-ML1Equal Opportunity Employer Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.