With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Serves as a creative leader and mentor to conceptualize, develop and implement innovative creative strategies and outputs that set or adhere to brand equities. Demonstrates expertise in digitally focused activations including social media, CRM, web and other digital channels that help craft brand identity and storytelling with target audiences. Supports the overall efforts and strategic vision of the department by directing creative team members (designers, art directors, copywriters), presenting high priority projects to senior management and coordinating with external agencies when needed. Serves as a subject matter expert in digital marketing channels, content creation and multi-channel campaign development, as well as new and emerging communication technologies and trends. What You Will Do:
- Leads vision, innovation, and cohesion across activation channels for select brands and projects. Creates and inspires visual, digital, and physical messaging, artwork, copy and tone.
- Partners with internal and external partners to successfully produce best-in-class deliverables including digital campaigns, Point-of-Sale displays, and other brand-driven communications.
- Leads photo and video shoots in partnership with Production partners, and ensures successful execution and delivery.
- Takes an active role in brand briefings; effectively accepts and challenges alternate recommendations based on brand creative strategy.
- Ensures that a high quality of creativity is upheld with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Studies the creative and competitive marketplace and remains current with technology trends and digital media innovation.
- Maintains, translates and extends brand messaging, look and feel and equity amongst targeted audiences. Collaborates with creative brand equity owners to ensure tactics meet creative requirements, campaign objectives and brand guidelines.
- Ensures timely and informative communication takes place between the creative function and business partners.
- Judges creative concepts; clearly communicates creative direction to others.
- Engages in long term client relations with a dedication to the client business needs.
- Delivers professional client presentations in a clear, concise and direct manner that are engaging, visually compelling, persuasive and supported by a sound rationale and strategy.
- Partners with the Account Management lead and department leadership to establish budgets, timelines and deliverables and ensures adherence to budget restrictions and deadlines.
- Manages the staff travel and entertainment budget, training, and general expenditures within the budgeted allowance.
- Manages internal and external creative talent to deliver on time, on-strategy and on-budget Solutions; teaches methodologies and best practices.
- Conducts internal reviews of creative projects with team; guides, coaches and mentors subordinate staff.
- Collaborates with other creative directors to set expectations and standards (build a culture).
- Identifies and obtains staff capabilities needed to accomplish objectives.
- Oversees quality control, including proofing, reviewing, measuring and evaluating staff performance, workload, creative output and project processes.
- Manages and expands (when necessary) network of outside resources, including vendors and freelancers.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
What You Will Need:
- Develops, coaches and mentors subordinate staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; schedules and approves overtime; takes disciplinary action; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Master's Degree in design, advertising, or communications plus 6 years of graphic design, communications, copywriting or advertising experience reflecting increasing levels or responsibility; OR Bachelor's Degree in design, advertising, or communications plus 8 years of graphic design, communications, copywriting or advertising experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Associate's degree in design, advertising, or communications plus 9 years of graphic design, communications, copywriting or advertising experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 12 years of graphic design, adverting, or communications experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Supervisory/management experience.
- Skilled in the use of the Apple Macintosh platform, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop at an intermediate level.
- Expert in developing and defining creative strategy; refining concepts from creation through development and implementation.
- Expertise in common design, production and cost considerations.
- Demonstrated success in leading teams to impactful creative and guiding others to produce exceptional work.
- Bachelor's of Fine Arts degree in Graphic Design or Creative Direction plus 10 years of graphic design including experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Masters Fine Arts degree or Master of Business Administration degree.
- Creative or in-house agency experience.
- Skilled in Leadership and team collaboration.
- Experience handling constructive criticism.
- Skilled in color and typography.
- Design experience in spirits, beer or beverage industries.
- Expert at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong innovative design skills and thinking.
- Expert in developing and defining design strategy; refining designs from creation through development and implementation.
- Knowledge of print production.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of strategic brand development, branding and marketing equities.
- Skilled in organization and presentation.
- Expert with team management and building.
- Expert maintaining composure under pressure and effectively coping with change and multitasking.
- Skilled in paying strict attention to detail.
- Experience successfully partnering with agencies and freelancers.
- Experience thinking strategically, and working outside the box on issues.
- Experience following established processes.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here .
Req. ID: 72046
DIG001Equal Opportunity Employer Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.