With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future. Summary
Are you motivated by evaluating and diagnosing mechanical problems? Do you enjoy working on a wide variety of equipment with a broad range of technology? This position will empower you to provide technical maintenance support the largest family-owned winery in the world. You must be able to work in fast paced environment with the ability to drive decisions within a collaborative culture. If you want to work for a company that values innovation, teamwork and is committed to continuously improving processes and team members. It's time to join the Gallo Family! Compensation
What You Will Do Technical Development
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, Vision & 401K
- Diagnoses malfunctioning equipment and replaces damaged or broken equipment
- Works cross-functionally to ensure information about equipment malfunctions is shared and communicates corrective action plan
- Changes out electric photo eyes, proximity switches and limit switches. Unwires and wire backup 3 phase motors. Changes brushes and DC motors
- Performs line changes and completes PM (preventive maintenance)
- Verifies output ratios for motors and gearboxes
- Trains operators on correct procedures relative to equipment maintenance
- Performs repairs such as replacing fuses, light sockets, bulbs, and switches
- Make improvements that define equipment reliability and shape production and product quality.
What You Need
- Plans new or modifies existing system layout(s) for equipment by identifying specific mechanical or electrical components, location, and functionality and safety requirements.
- Evaluates and identify root cause failures on machinery for changes in materials, environment conditions, and operational error
- Works to ensure functionality of installed equipment and systems
- Plans layout and installation of wiring and electrical equipment and systems
- Experience and knowledge in predictive maintenance
What Will Set You Apart
- High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 4 years of maintenance experience OR Associate's degree / Certificate of completion from an accredited industrial trade program plus 3 years of maintenance experience OR completion of a technical military school/certification plus 3 years of maintenance experience.
- Required to be 18 years of age of older.
- Required to work any shift.
- Required to work overtime, if necessary.
- Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Required to work at heights up to 40 feet.
- Required to have mechanic tools.
- Required to comply with company GMP policies.
- Required to pass the WorkKeys assessments.
- Industrial Maintenance experience.
- Experience working in a Food and Beverage environment.
- Experience working on high-speed packaging lines.
- Knowledge of solid-state electronics including PLC and VFD troubleshooting experience.
- Experience working in a union environment.
- Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
- Working understanding of a CMMS System.
- Highly knowledgeable and skilled in repair and troubleshooting of packaging equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be physically capable of moderate pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, stooping, squatting, handling and grasping, twisting/turning, torso rotation, reaching to the full extension of the arms, carrying and lifting (up to 50 lbs.), ascending/descending ladders, working in small, confined spaces and areas, wear a respirator.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to the following:
Exposure to slippery or uneven walking surfaces.
- Exposure to dust, fumes
- Exposure to loud noise levels.
- Exposure to outside environments.
- Exposure to working at heights of up to 40 feet.
- Exposure to working in confined spaces.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
Job ID LEVEL 5 MECHANIC | A224
OPE001Equal Opportunity Employer Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.