About The Position
Based in Austin, TX, Dynamo is the fastest growing beverage distributors in Texas and boasts some of the fastest growing beverages in the country. We are looking for someone that can help bring our on-premise division to the next level.
Dynamo is disrupting the beverage distribution space in Texas. Emerging beverage brands want more focus and have a difficult time getting focus from the legacy beer distributors. It's been a long and hard fight for the past 7 years but Dynamo has finally reached break-even and with the new buyout by LivWell Ventures, Dynamo has the resources, team, and suppliers to make an enormous splash in the industry. Dynamo has solidified itself in the off-premise space with huge customers like H-E-B, Target, Walmart, Whole Foods, Central Market, and over 1,000 convenience stores. Dynamo now wants to laser focus on the on-premise space and grow our relatively small customer base to new heights.
We want someone that has experience in the Austin market and can hit the ground running day one.
The On Premise Sales Representative obtains and develops sales in the assigned territory, including acquiring new business accounts and upholding Dynamo’s high standard of service to accounts. The ideal candidate should possess great communication skills, excellent organizational skills, the ability to work independently, and build strong relationships within the
- Personally calls on accounts in the assigned geographic territory to promote Dynamo’s portfolio
- Prospects and opens new accounts
- Anticipates and evaluates customer needs and suggests products accordingly
- Develops sales and product knowledge to effectively educate and taste accounts on products
- Regularly meets and exceeds sales goals and quotas
- Encompasses a strong business acumen to best protect the interests of Dynamo, our supplier partners, and our valued customers
- Manages time effectively to meet order deadlines and delivery dates/cutoffs
- Professionally and effectively communicates with buyers to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Demonstrates leadership and entrepreneurial qualities
- Attends and participates in regular team sales meetings
- Comfortably speaks publicly about products, events, or Dynamo at staff trainings or other promotional events
- Maintains clean driving record and current, valid state driver’s license
- Beer knowledge, distribution, and sales experience are highly preferred
- Ensures accounts are current on payments and helps to collect payments when necessary
- Organizes supplier market work and communicates effectively and professionally with suppliers before, during and after all market work
- Treats all employees, management, vendors and customers with respect at all times
- Responds to buyer requests and inquiries with a sense of urgency and timeliness
- May include working nights and weekends on promotions and other account activities
- Obtains and/or maintains a valid state liquor license (if required by state)
- Must be able to travel within established geographic areas, as necessary.
- Must have reliable transportation, hold a valid drivers’ license and meet company driving record & automobile insurance requirements.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specified requirements may be considered for
- Strong persuasive presentations skills, including the ability to speak before large audiences both internally and externally.
- Strong Computer skills and must be proficient in Microsoft office and have ability to learn software programs quickly.
- Background or experience in the beverage or restaurant/bar industry a plus.
- Knowledge of the alcoholic beverage industry, including knowledge of beer and spirits terms, and their production process techniques helpful.
- Passion for beer and spirits with the ability to continuously learn new brands and represent effectively to customers.
- Physical exertion will be necessary to achieve desired levels of account management. The employee must be able to lift products from 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Licenses, Age restrictions:
- Valid Driver's License and maintain an acceptable driving record and valid driver license, and maintain auto insurance coverage at least to the minimum amount specified by the Company and
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of employment in order to sell alcohol in the state of Texas.
- Demonstrates and promotes a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to coworkers, the customers served by this company and others with whom her/his job puts her/him in contact.
- Adheres to the company’s equal opportunity and non-discrimination policies, which ensure that there will be no discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, creed, national
origin, socioeconomic status, disability, age or any other protected class.
- Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts, before and after hours, and on weekends, when required.
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check.
- Achieves Results
- Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Planning and Organizing
- Collaboration and Teamwork
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, work in an office environment, work in a seated position, and work with computers.
The employee must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on average. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Exposure to dust, debris and fluctuating temperatures.