About The Position
Location Preference: Broward or Palm Beach County
Territory: South Florida
Reports To: Sales Managers (Durham Distillery and Catoctin Creek)
Conniption Gin (Durham Distillery) and Catoctin Creek are seeking a South Florida-based Sales Representative whose main goal is to build awareness and establish traction via acquiring new points of distribution and developing key accounts in both the on and off premise channels.
This role requires strong relationship building focused on collaborating with our in-market distribution partner (Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits) and our strategic partner, Constellation Brands Ventures.
The Sales Representative will equally champion and convey knowledge of Conniption Gin and Catoctin Creek by working toward our goal of maximizing the brands’ image, awareness, and equity. They will develop an intimate knowledge of these emerging brands, will be integral to their success and serve as a strong leader in the market -- someone that the trade, consumers, and influencers will go to for education, inspiration, and credibility.
We seek candidates who enjoy challenges, have an inherent growth mindset, are fearless, passionate, and value integrity. Overall, a candidate who has:
- A passion for distilling, with a key eye on trends in gin and rye cocktails
- Thrives within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and matrixed organization
- Is very comfortable with public speaking and interacting with large groups
- Uses rigid ethical considerations to guide decisions and act accordingly
- Possesses a sense of humor, authentically enjoying meeting new people
- Knowledge of the spirits industry but most importantly, a confidence in educating others
Preference to a candidate who has an existing strong relationship with the local food and beverage community.
- Investigate, research, and prioritize account universe with the goal of placement, compounded volume growth and expansion of brands into targeted accounts
- Build and maintain long-term trusting relationships with targeted key on-premise and off-premise accounts
- Sell in cocktail menu placements and monthly/daily features into accounts. Conduct consumer promotions/activations to support new drink menu placements, features, and cocktail programs
- Educate and train bar staff
- Identify and execute key sampling opportunities such as USBG meetings, spirit dinners, trade shows/wine and food festivals, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date account visits with key contacts and appropriate follow-ups
- Monitor and report competitor activity. Review / propose strategies to stay ahead and increase share of mind
In addition to base pay, the following KPI incentives will be tracked and paid on a bi-monthly basis:
· # NEW distribution points
· # NEW menu placements
· # volume orders (e.g. case quantity per account)
· # reorder thresholds
· # staff trainings
· # consumer tastings
Experience and Other Desired Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Professionalism within alcoholic beverage environment with expected sobriety during working hours
- Strong familiarity and connections within the South Florida cocktail scene
- Experience in bartending, restaurant, or sales
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and engage customers and consumers
- Flexible work schedule that includes some evening and weekend activities
- Responsible, self-motivated, and professional
- Excellent cocktail knowledge, customer service and sales skills
- Eagerness to learn sales strategies and implement them
- Have a car with insurance and a clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Durham Distillery is a living wage employer. All are welcome and Womxn, People of Color, LGBTQ+ are encouraged to apply.
Durham Distillery is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
Please note that incomplete and/or inaccurate submissions will not be considered. Applicants must be 21 years of age or older with valid I.D. to be hired. Certified background checks will also be required. Because you will be working for a distillery, these requirements are non-negotiable.