About The Position
Wildly original alcohol brand seeks marketing magician to push the envelope in wildly healthy/fun living & potent community engagement.Be a key player in lighting up the world with delightful, health-conscious alcohol.
The Brand Manager of Dr Hops, Northern California’s first hard kombucha brand, shares our obsession with cutting-edge natural beverage, healthy/fun living, and potent community engagement. This person is a strategic, forward-thinking marketing leader ready to hustle and make their mark on the world. Together with our core team, you will bring joy, honor life, and light up the world with our awesomely delightful and health-conscious alcoholic beverages and brand.
Partner with founders & advisors in formulating Dr Hops’ marketing strategy and developing, implementing and executing Dr Hops’ marketing plans. Help define the brand’s pricing, packaging, trade merchandising, advertising and promotion strategies and allocate the budget accordingly. Execute marketing initiatives with creativity and unstoppable drive. Be accountable for delivering the brand’s profit, volume and market share objectives. Do whatever it takes to ensure that we:
- grow distribution and product velocities
- drive trial
- inspire word of mouth advertising
- build an awesome brand platform
Additionally, the Brand Manager will identify and execute entrepreneurial brand-building and category-building opportunities. The Brand Manager person will support the Area Sales Managers and serve as the company’s liaison to the sales team, overseeing and driving day-to-day marketing operations. And finally, as the Brand Manager, you will ensure Dr Hops adheres to and expresses its values and social/sustainability missions powerfully in the marketplace.
The Brand Manager must be an outstanding leader of inspiring integrity and ethics and also have the necessary credibility, expertise and experience to lead the organization's marketing efforts forward in a successful manner. This person will play an integral role in driving Dr Hops’ profitable growth, taking the Company to new levels of success. This person must be a visionary leader with the proven ability to capitalize on untapped opportunities. The Brand Manager must help the Company focus on implementing both top-level, strategic marketing solutions as well as the day-to-day tactics necessary for winning in the marketplace.
STRAIGHT TALK: This will be a very hands-on, active role in 2021. You will work closely with founders and marketing advisors. You will have a PT social media person and a PR partner. You will work with a few talented professionals on content while cultivating and leading an army of "volunteers". And you will embody the beauty and magic of Dr Hops Real Hard Kombucha and be up for challenge!
The Dr Hops Brand Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day marketing for Dr Hops in order to help drive consumer demand; developing, coordinating and executing all activities and key marketing initiatives to deliver the financial, business and marketplace goals. Specific responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
Brand Planning & Execution
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively to develop a brand strategy that builds brand equity & awareness, drives sales velocity and reinforces brand message across all consumer touch points.
- Brand Equity: Help craft brand positioning, product architecture, brand guardrails; ensure all initiatives and activities support and the story is consistent across all touchpoints.
- Participate in development and lead execution of annual brand plans and longer-term planning to meet sales goals, ensuring sales and marketing alignment while setting goals (KPI’s) and budgets.
- Work closely with Community Mngr. & agency partners to shape and execute integrated Marketing campaigns.
- Work with CEO, Founders and Advisors on all brand innovation.
- Project manage innovation launches: Develop briefs, presentations and charters for internal and external use highlighting key benefits; differentiation; functionality; and execution of marketing/activation plans.
- Lead bi-monthly stakeholder meetings ensuring deliverables are met to ensure timely market launch.
- Work with design partners to create new labels, packaging and supporting sales tools.
Creative & POS Management
- Lead and develop new brand communication toolkits for all programs, both consumer and trade facing, including items such as: Trade and consumer ads, Coupons, Sales Collateral, POS, Out of home, Wearables/ Premiums, Digital ads
- Work with Retail and Field Marketing Director to ensure all trade show elements are adhered to from a brand perspective.
- Manage graphic designer/s, ensuring brand guidelines are adhered to.
- Manage inventory, budgets, vendor relationships & sourcing of POS, wearables, etc.
Product & Packaging
- Work with DR HOPS team to identify renovation and evolution projects including product and packaging improvements, new packaging ideas, line extensions, new formats/flavors/ ingredients/ reformulations/ redesigns and project manage the implementation of key projects.
- Track packaging changes and brand story for consistency across the line and manage process according to packaging production timelines.
- Understand and implement regulatory and packaging mandatories, ensuring compliance – including any international expansion.
- Support sales channel strategy with promotional, merchandising and assortment strategies to drive growth for new and emerging channels (i.e. on premise, e-comm) including implications for pricing and sizing. Evaluate channel specific needs, identify business opportunities, and track new item distribution and performance.
- Assist in developing content for sales decks, helping to create a compelling selling story around new products, line extensions, core business, retail programs, display / merch placement and functional beverages
- Work with Field and Retail Marketing Director and Sales team to create compelling retail programs that drive incrementality and velocity; and to identify current and future retail needs
- Support LT with crafting presentations that cohesively tell brand story.
Category & Consumer Analytics
- Work with the Insights Manager and become the functional expert on Marketing team for business analysis at the SKU and macro level, trends in the brand performance, overall business performance and brand health.
- Provide ongoing forward-looking business outlook and category insights as part of monthly S&OP process.
- Be a consumer insights champion, leading ongoing consumer and market research activities—and disseminating knowledge across organization.
- Conduct monthly assessment as well as ad-hoc analysis on key competitive activity across all channels and share actionable insights.
- Pull regular sales and consumption data on NetSuite and Spins. Monitor consumer facing program metrics. Track competitive performance, pricing, trends, ROI.
KEY PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL CHARACTERISTICS
The ideal candidate will be:
- A creative, thoughtful, forward thinking leader who is also practical and results-oriented.
- An entrepreneurial, hands-on creative who leads by example.
- An individual who is not afraid to get their “hands wet,” thinks outside of the box, works well in a fluid environment, and possesses the keen ability to organize and implement new processes and procedures.
- A bright analytical problem solver with a bias towards action and the ability to think at both a strategic and tactical level.
- An individual who possesses an acute attention to detail, yet sees the big picture.
- An evangelist who is capable of inspiring company stakeholders, partners and consumers.
- An individual with the ability to resolve conflict and inspire a team with a bias toward action.
- An organized individual who is a good listener and excellent communicator.
- Capable of working with founders in a collaborative fashion, being sensitive to their needs and changing roles within the company.
As a member of the Dr Hops Team, we expect all employees to be accountable for their actions and to challenge team processes. This means having the willingness to claim 100% ownership for results, both individually and collectively with others and to “think outside of the box” when it comes to processes, policies, and strategies. Challenging conventional wisdom may lead to new solutions which will improve productivity and company profitability.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited four-year university expected but not necessarily required.