The Social Media Community Specialist’s main goal is to foster community—engaging and activating our enthusiastic and loyal customers on Dr. Bronner’s social media channels. The Social Media Community Specialist also assists the Social Media Manager in content development for Dr. Bronner’s social media platforms, including content coordination for our non-English language channels that are managed by Dr. Bronner’s international distributors.
The Social Media Community Specialist works under the supervision of theSocial Media Managerand is responsible for achieving targets and goals as determined by their manager. The ability to handle multiple tasks is a requirement.
This position is located at Dr. Bronner’s headquarters in Vista, CA, and will not be a remote position once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important values at Dr. Bronner’s. All employees are called to practice acceptance, treat others with dignity and respect, learn from and celebrate each other’s differences, recognize one’s own privilege, root out one’s own and speak up against prejudice, and work to create a healthy and respectful workspace where colleagues feel valued and part of our community.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This person should have strong communication and organizational skills and be able to work independently.Excellentwritten, verbal and negotiation skills are required.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Manage and respond to all messages and comments that come in through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Disqus, and YouTube.
- Foster relationships with customers through engagement.
- Inform and educate customers about our products and causes, respond to questions and concerns in a timely manner, and refer customers to our Customer Experience Team when appropriate.
- Search for, organize & properly label user-generated content across all social media platforms.
- Generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on customer inquiries, comments, and feedback as determined by the manager.
- Collaborate with Social Media Manager and Content Team to develop content for Dr. Bronner’s social media channels, in accordance with our content strategy and content calendar.
- Shape and implement our community and micro-influencer marketing strategies.
- Help audit Dr. Bronner’s international social media channels for alignment with the U.S.
- Coordinate distribution and review of content for our non-English language channels that are managed by Dr. Bronner’s international distributors.
This position will interact closely with the Social Media Manager, Content Editor, Website & Digital Marketing Specialist, International Country Managers, Tradeshow & Brand Engagement Supervisor, Customer Experience Department, and PR Department.
Minimum: Completion of a high school diploma, GED, or comparable level education to acquire the speaking, writing, vocabulary, and reading English and basic math skills.2-3 years of experience in social media or content development.
Preferred: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree or Associate of Arts degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Ethnic Studies, Critical Gender Studies, International Studies, Linguistics, or Literature. Experience in the natural products industry would be a plus. 3 or more years of experience in social media or content development.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration for this position.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Attitude: Confident, positive, enthusiastic, down to earth, ability to be flexible
- Communication: Excellent, adaptive, creative, and concise verbal and written communicator in meeting spaces as well as over the phone, chat, and e-mail; polite, professional, patient, and diplomatic in navigating customer inquiries; strong grammar skills
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Critical Thinking: Ability to reason and analyze, to set and adhere to a timeline, accurately and independently, and to solve problems
- Initiative: Responds promptly to requests, works quickly, accurately, and independently; effectively executes strategies, identifies upcoming needs and potential risks; proactively manages tasks, meets challenges with resourcefulness, and presents ideas and information in a manner that moves the team forward
- Leadership: Highly motivated and cooperative, takes initiative and responsibility for individual and group work, possesses a strong desire to succeed, accepts feedback from others,works with a spirit of enthusiasmand a sense of urgency
- Organization: Exceptional proficiency in tracking deliverables, tasks, and project deadlines, juggling competing priorities, and multi-tasking efficiently
- Respect: Consciously learn from and celebrate differences among identities while recognizing commonalities and shared experiences; practice inclusive language and promote acceptance, safety, respect, inclusion, and value of individuals within the workplace, and those with whom you interact on behalf of the organization; become aware of all forms of bias, prejudice, and discrimination, and work to eliminate personal vestiges of racism, homophobia and sexism in thought, action and word; promptly report incidents of bias, prejudice, and bigotry to the Human Resources Department or any member of the Executive Team.
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, contributes to building a positive team spirit, is flexible to modifying work style to be effective within the group,able to work within a team environment and independently.
- Technical Proficiency: Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook); digital file sharing and project management systems (Google Drive, Dropbox, and Sharepoint); familiarity with social media platforms (Buffer, Khoros, Falcon)
Use standard office equipment including proficient use oftelephone, multi-function copier, and personal computer.LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder heights, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms, and legs for dexterity and balance requiring the use of both arms and legs frequently.
- Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities.
- Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Pull and push such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, pallet jacks, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of office equipment and machines and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and origins.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.Application Process
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include information on how your previous experience relates to the job requirements and outline why you're a great fit for Dr. Bronner's.Candidates who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.