OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
Under direct and general supervision of the Quality Control Supervisor, the Quality Control Inspector functions include all quality control for internal and 3rd party finished good inspections. This individual will be responsible for recording all QC and appurtenant inspection data and provides administrative support enabling continuous improvement of the quality control program.
This position is located at Dr. Bronner’s headquarters in Vista, CA, and willnotbe a remote position once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important values at Dr. Bronner’s. All employees are called to practice acceptance, treat others with dignity and respect, learn from and celebrate each other’s differences, recognize one’s own privilege, root out one’s own and speak up against prejudice, and work to create a healthy and respectful workspace where colleagues feel valued and part of our community.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.Finished Goods Inspections:
Quality Document Preparation:
- Set up inspection space; Review Packing List; Collect samples to be inspected based on ANSI sampling table.
- Perform inspections according to specifications and training.
- Collect and record data, review and file COAs, take photos of any defects; Compare inspection results to specifications; Report any defects found to QC Supervisor.
- Complete Inspection Report and recommend a disposition.
- Maintain control of all related documents and file them accordingly.
- Support QC Supervisor in tracking unique material iterations or special orders as needed.
- Ensure product on QC Hold is quarantined and labeled.
- Collect retains from 3rd party co-manufacturer inspections, label and store in retain system.
- Generate product release or hold and submit to QC Supervisor.
- Write, update and/or review SOPs and WI documents for QC tasks as needed.
- Review, enter and maintain QC data in QMS Database System.
- Provide administrative assistance to Quality Department and OSI Department as needed.
- Other duties as assigned within the job scope.
The incumbent will interact closely with the Quality Department, OSI, Operations Administration, Logistics, Production, and Plant Operations departments.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Minimum: Completion of a high school diploma or GED. Threeyears of progressive experience in a fast-paced, collaborative, CPG, and/or manufacturing environment.
Preferred:Three years of experience in Quality Control, QA or QC laboratory, Personal care, consumer products, and/or manufacturing experience.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Attitude: Confident, positive, enthusiastic, down to earth, flexible, & passionate
- Communication: Excellent, adaptive, creative, and concise verbal and written communicator in meeting spaces as well as over the phone, and e-mail; polite, professional, patient, and diplomatic in navigating inquiries; strong grammar skills.Requires strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills including a good sense of judgment and the ability to build positive work relationships.
- Confidentiality:Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information and demonstrate tact, discretion, exercise good judgment and discretion in handling and disseminating information.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to reason and analyze, to set and adhere to a timeline, accurately and independently, and to solve problems.
- Initiative: Responds promptly to requests, works quickly, accurately, and independently; effectively executes strategies, identify upcoming needs and potential risks; proactively manage tasks, meets challenges with resourcefulness, and present ideas and information in a manner that moves the team forward
- Leadership: Highly motivated and cooperative, takes initiative and responsibility for individual and group work, possesses a strong desire to succeed, accepts feedback from others, works with a spirit of enthusiasm and a sense of urgency.
- Organization: Exceptional proficiency in tracking deliverables, tasks, and project deadlines, juggling competing priorities, and multi-tasking efficiently
- Respect: Consciously learn from and celebrate differences among identities while recognizing commonalities and shared experiences; practice inclusive language and promote acceptance, safety, respect, inclusion, and value of individuals within the workplace, and those with whom you interact on behalf of the organization; become aware of all forms of bias, prejudice, and discrimination, and work to eliminate personal vestiges of racism, homophobia and sexism in thought, action and word; promptly report incidents of bias, prejudice, and bigotry to the Human Resources Department or any member of the Executive Team.
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, contributes to building a positive team spirit, is flexible to modifying work style to be effective within the group, able to work within a team environment and independently.
- Technical Proficiency: Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook); digital file sharing and project management systems (Google Drive, Dropbox, and SharePoint)
- Analytical ability to track and evaluate data and production processes;
- Math proficient equivalent to Algebra;
- Strong and sensitive sense of smell;
- Good eyesight and color sensitivity;
Preferred:Familiarity with SQF, BRC, ANSI, and/or ISO standards and systems
Must be proficient in the operation of standard office support equipment including, but not limited to, personal computer, copier/scanner, fax, telephone system, etc.
Basic knowledge of lab equipment, Viscometer, Refractometer, other various lab equipment.LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards. PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance frequently.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, and balances objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Pulls and pushes objects such as file drawers, loaded carts, audio/visual equipment, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment, and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including the distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socioeconomic backgrounds and origins.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate (in a plant environment).
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.