Who We Are
Dr. Bronner’s is the top-selling natural brand of soap in North America, and was ranked top midsize workplace in San Diego by the San Diego Tribune in both 2019 and 2020, based on anonymous employee surveys. Our supportive, positive work atmosphere comes from being a family-owned business that values employees as its greatest asset.
We are passionate about making the best products for human, home and Earth—and about using our business as a force for good! Known for setting up a global supply chain that respects the people and land that provide our raw materials, Dr. Bronner’s is proving that agriculture and manufacturing can be green and fair—be part of our movement!Starting Wage:
$26.00 HourlyBenefits at a Glance
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Company-paid Full Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision for Employees & Family
- Annual Bonus – up to 10% of salary
- Profit Sharing Program –10% of salary bonus fully funded by Dr. Bronner’s into your retirement account
- Bring Your Dog to Work Program
- Development & Training Programs
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Child Care Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Daily Vegan Lunches
- Green Team and Toastmasters
- Volunteer opportunities
You’re confident working in a laboratory on quality assurance and testing. You have experience and are interested in improving skills in raw material and finished goods evaluation, document and database development, and root cause investigation support.
Your duties will include supporting:
In-House Quality Laboratory Services:
- Perform lab testing of raw materials, WIP, or finished goods as needed, including microbiological, physical, chemical, or organoleptic
- Analyze, report, and archive test results
- Manage test equipment calibration scheduling
- Maintain new or existing lab equipment and test protocols to support company growth
- Ensure supplies are in stock for in-house laboratory functions
- Coordinate testing with third-party labs as needed
Quality Assurance Program Development Support:
- Implement in-process data capture using Near-Infrared Spectroscopy Technology by building calibration models for two new in-house production processes: vegetable oil refining and bar soap base manufacturing
- Analyze and extrapolate data captured from two in-house liquid soap reactors to identify trends, procedural and energy efficiencies, and improvement potentials, while troubleshooting issues
- Liaise with automation, production, and engineering staff on equipment and process design, validation, and pilot testing
- Support ISO 22716 implementation by writing, editing, and initiating new protocols, procedures, processes, test methods, and sampling plans, to support the development of a comprehensive quality management system
Quality Assurance Technical Support:
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Collect and prepare samples of raw materials, WIP, and finished goods; facilitate testing at third-party labs and/or perform laboratory testing in-house.
- Compare test results against Supplier COAs for material/supplier approval and/or validation
- Use database to track quality information, enter quality data; perform statistical analysis on trends over time; prepare charts and tables to share with management, suppliers, consultants, and/or customers as needed
- Generate Finished Product COAs for distributors and customers as needed
- Participate in root cause investigations, analysis, inspections, and reporting as needed
- Deliver reports, technical information, test protocols proposals, executive summaries, CAPAs on raw materials, and finished goods as needed
Get To Know Us
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering such as Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related field, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Ability to present technical information and analytical findings in a concise and collaborative manner with both QA Supervisor and internal key production members
- Three years of progressive experience in a laboratory, product manufacturing, and quality assurance/control role.
- Three years of progressive experience with equipment and process validation, HACCP, FDA and/or ISO 22716 certified operations, standardized ISO, EU, USP, and AOCS Test Methods.
- Personal care or Cosmetic industry experience is a plus.
- Founded in 1948 by Emanuel Bronner
- Independent, family-owned
- Certified B-Corps
- Organic, fair trade food & bodycare products
- Executive pay capped at 5:1
- 40% of profits donated annually to activist and charitable efforts
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.