OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
Under general and direct supervision of the Director of Human Resources, providesadministrative support to the various human resources sectors and assist with planning and managing workflow within the human resources department.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important values at Dr. Bronner’s. All employees are called to practice acceptance, treat others with dignity and respect, learn from and celebrate each other’s differences, recognize one’s own privilege, root out one’s own and speak up against prejudice, and work to create a healthy and respectful workspace where colleagues feel valued and part of our community.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Manage human resources inquiries in person, by phone, fax, or HR mailbox
- Greet and escort candidates, employees, or other visitors after checking in with the receptionist and meeting with members of the human resources.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Prepares and maintains files for human resource office transactions, benefit plans and enrollment forms/packets, personnel files, forms and packets, and other files as may be determined essential to office operations.
- Assist with the program management of various human resources projects and will serve as ground control for the human resources team when they are out of the office.
- Develop letters, memos, related correspondence, and reports/spreadsheets in a professional manneras needed.
- Maintains orderly work area and arrangement of working documents/ files.
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources department.
- Assist with the internship program, recruiting, creating agenda and communication, housing, etc.
- Assist with benefits administration and communicate any inquiries to Human Resources Generalist/Benefits Administrator.
- Assist with the preparation of new hire/benefit orientation and other training.
This position will interact closely with the Human Resources department, other company departments, managers/supervisors, employees, vendors, applicants, and the general public.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
None EDUCATION/YEARS EXPERIENCE
Minimum: Completion of a high school diploma or GED. Twoyears of progressive experience in office and customer service support or human resources.
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration for this position. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
TOOL AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Attitude: Confident, positive, enthusiastic, down to earth, flexible, & passionate
- Communication: Excellent, adaptive, creative, and concise verbal and written communicator in meeting spaces as well as over the phone, and e-mail; polite, professional, patient, and diplomatic in navigating inquiries; strong grammar skills.Requires strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills including a good sense of judgment and the ability to build positive work relationships.
- Confidentiality:Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information and demonstrate tact, discretion, exercise good judgment and discretion in handling and disseminating information.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to reason and analyze, to set and adhere to a timeline, accurately and independently, and to solve problems.
- Initiative: Responds promptly to requests, works quickly, accurately, and independently; effectively executes strategies, identify upcoming needs and potential risks; proactively manage tasks, meets challenges with resourcefulness, and present ideas and information in a manner that moves the team forward
- Leadership: Highly motivated and cooperative, takes initiative and responsibility for individual and group work, possesses a strong desire to succeed, accepts feedback from others, works with a spirit of enthusiasm and a sense of urgency.
- Organization: Exceptional proficiency in tracking deliverables, tasks, and project deadlines, juggling competing priorities, and multi-tasking efficiently
- Respect: Consciously learn from and celebrate differences among identities while recognizing commonalities and shared experiences; practice inclusive language and promote acceptance, safety, respect, inclusion, and value of individuals within the workplace, and those with whom you interact on behalf of the organization; become aware of all forms of bias, prejudice and discrimination, and work to eliminate personal vestiges of racism, homophobia and sexism in thought, action and word; promptly report incidents of bias, prejudice and bigotry to the Human Resources Department or any member of the Executive Team.
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, contributes to building a positive team spirit, is flexible to modifying work style to be effective within the group, able to work within a team environment and independently.
- Technical Proficiency: Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook); digital file sharing and project management systems (Google Drive, Dropbox, and SharePoint)
Must be proficient in the operation of standard office support equipment including, but not limited to, personal computer, copier/scanner, fax, telephone system, etc.LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license at the time of hire including proof of adequate personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Perform work in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance frequently.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, and balances objects weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Pulls and pushes objects such as file drawers, loaded carts, audio/visual equipment, computers and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Must be able to hear, see including distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic backgrounds and origins.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate (in a plant environment).
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.