OVERVIEW & JOB SUMMARY
Under direct and general supervision, the Facilities Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical plant. Performs construction and general maintenance work throughout the facility (internal & external) and provide day-to-day upkeep of facilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important values at Dr. Bronner’s. All employees are called to practice acceptance, treat others with dignity and respect, learn from and celebrate each other’s differences, recognize one’s own privilege, root out one’s own and speak up against prejudice, and work to create a healthy and respectful workspace where colleagues feel valued and part of our community.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for conducting general maintenance and repair of interior and exterior building/property, building systems, and facility equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical, plumbing, mechanical, structural, fire protection, other related systems supporting utilities for production equipment and building.
- General maintenance which may include, but is not limited to, carpentry, plastering, painting, glazier, roofing, flooring, landscaping, masonry, welding, etc.
- Help with moving heavy equipment/machinery and office relocations.
- Work independently to perform preventative maintenance following written schedules and procedures.
- Assist with preventative maintenance program on Example; Air compressor, HVAC, Boilers, Cooling tower, Chillers, and custom equipment. Drains, Water Heaters,
- Responsible for assembly and testing of various mechanical devices and complete systems according to blueprints, written or verbal specifications with minimal supervision, documentation, and/ or specifications may be ambiguous.
- Troubleshoot system issues and take corrective actions independently, while minimizing production downtime.
- Assist with conduit bending and pulling wire.
- Ability to use a scissor lift, forklift, pallet jacks, and articulating boom lift.
- Maintain inventory of tools, supplies, and equipment; recommend tools, supplies, and equipment for purchase.
- Define training and preventive maintenance programs to optimize and maintain equipment.
- Train production operators/ employees as appropriate for set-ups, operation of all equipment, etc.
- Troubleshoot system issues and take corrective actions independently, while minimizing production downtime. Highlight system issues for permanent corrective actions and process improvements.
- Responsible for safety compliance personally and with equipment.
- Completes maintenance work orders and projects as assigned and in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of California Building Codes and other regulatory agencies such as OSHA, EPA, AQMD, NFPA, Etc. as they relate to building maintenance and construction.
- Conduct general upkeep of building tasks (e.g., landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry, masonry, drywall, concrete, door, locks, windows, etc.)
The incumbent will interact closely with a large group ranging from peers and middle management.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent plus 2-5 years of experience in a related field
Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
Preferred: Proven experience as an electrician.
EPA License - CFC
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Attitude: Confident, positive, enthusiastic, down to earth, flexible, & passionate
- Communication: Excellent, adaptive, creative, and concise verbal and written communicator in meeting spaces as well as over the phone, and e-mail; polite, professional, patient, and diplomatic in navigating inquiries; strong grammar skills.Requires strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills including a good sense of judgment and the ability to build positive work relationships.
- Confidentiality:Maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including customer and employee information and demonstrate tact, discretion, exercise good judgment and discretion in handling and disseminating information.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to reason and analyze, to set and adhere to a timeline, accurately and independently, and to solve problems.
- Initiative: Responds promptly to requests, works quickly, accurately, and independently; effectively executes strategies, identify upcoming needs and potential risks; proactively manage tasks, meets challenges with resourcefulness, and present ideas and information in a manner that moves the team forward
- Leadership: Highly motivated and cooperative, takes initiative and responsibility for individual and group work, possesses a strong desire to succeed, accepts feedback from others, works with a spirit of enthusiasm and a sense of urgency.
- Organization: Exceptional proficiency in tracking deliverables, tasks, and project deadlines, juggling competing priorities, and multi-tasking efficiently
- Respect: Consciously learn from and celebrate differences among identities while recognizing commonalities and shared experiences; practice inclusive language and promote acceptance, safety, respect, inclusion, and value of individuals within the workplace, and those with whom you interact on behalf of the organization; become aware of all forms of bias, prejudice and discrimination, and work to eliminate personal vestiges of racism, homophobia and sexism in thought, action and word; promptly report incidents of bias, prejudice and bigotry to the Human Resources Department or any member of the Executive Team.
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, contributes to building a positive team spirit, is flexible to modifying work style to be effective within the group, able to work within a team environment and independently.
- Technical Proficiency: Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook); digital file sharing and project management systems (Google Drive, Dropbox, and SharePoint)
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter, etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills on equipment such as HVAC and other mechanical
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems and use hand and power tools.
Multimeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, and testing equipment; soldering iron; wire puller; pipe bender and threaded; hand and power tools (saw, drill, etc.); trencher; jackhammer; concrete saw; ladder. Light truck or van.LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards. PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above and below shoulder heights, climb stairs, bend and stoop, crawl, kneel and use hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance requiring the use of both arms and legs frequently.
- Experience frequent interruptions and work under pressure of time with multiple priorities.
- Occasionally lift, carry and balance objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Pull and push such objects as file drawers, loaded carts, pallet jack, computers, and similar office equipment and supplies.
- Prioritize and multi-task work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking.
- Occasionally perform the safe operation of a vehicle, office equipment, and machines, and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
- Frequently work alone but is occasionally required to interact or perform and communicate with others.
- Be able to hear, see including the distinction of colors, read, and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and origins.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and hearing of normal conversation is required.
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.