About The Position
We are a woman-owned, women-produced artisanal Mezcal from Oaxaca, Mexico. Since launching in 2020, Doña Vega has been awarded numerous accolades in Spirits Competitions for its authentic, yet approachable style. We honor Mexican tradition using a sustainable method of production that dates to the Spanish conquest. Doña Vega is currently available in seven markets with an aggressive national expansion goal over the next couple of years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead the implementation of the Doña Vega Commercial strategic direction for the assigned territory across all trade channels and segments.
· Clearly communicate Doña Vega’s strategic imperatives and expectations with the Distributor leadership and Sales Teams.
· Delivery against depletion targets, grow brand value, manage A&P, tactical territory marketing investment to achieve annual plan.
· Develop Doña Vega with a laser focused approach by trade channel with smart distribution while supporting brand standards.
· Work closely with Distributor to execute all programs.
· Monitor and affect inventory levels to ensure proper days-on-hand with the goal to avoid disruption and out of stocks.
· Secure and execute effective Distributor relations to ensure “share of mind”.
· Manage reporting and communicate regular updates with Distributor Management.
· Responsible for all aspects of Distributor Management including annual channel programming, KPI management, budgets, and pricing.
· Lead the key account segmentation process with a focus on benchmark brands.
· Lead Doña Vega Distributor training with sales team, retailers and wait staff to facilitate brand and category knowledge and support.
· Monitor and manage distributor KPI’s, price points, competitive set, orders, shipments, samples, training, and POS management.
· Conduct quarterly market analysis surveys/KPI audits in designated territory.
· Conduct QBR and annual planning and review meetings with Distributor, to actively identify areas of market opportunity and address accordingly.
· Manage budgets and goals to ensure programs are executed within budgeted guidelines.
· Complete all administrative responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
· Must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the wine and spirits industry, and knowledge of the Texas trade and Distributor landscape.
· Prefer spirit sales with management experience, knowledge of the Tequila category a plus with a Distributor and/or Supplier background.
· Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit; exhibiting passion, ambition, hard work and leadership to drive commercial success.
· Strong interpersonal skill, ability to motivate, coach and inspire others, while managing across multiple functions.
· Ability to pull reports and manipulate data into useful analytics and scorecard
· Strategic and creative thinker but results oriented and able to work both independently and team environment.
· Knowledge of the spirits industry, all trade channels, On premise inner workings and the three-tier system.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skill set required
· The ability to present in front of both small and large audiences
· Must live in key city within the territory of responsibility (Dallas or Houston)
· Budget management.
· Minimum Bachelor’s college degree or equivalent experience