Dole Packaged Foods is a purpose led health and wellness organization that "champions a more equitable world." A world where everyone has the right to nutrition from the goodness of the earth and we reduce these gaps, one action at a time.
The Sales Analyst will support the Foodservice/Industrial team with analysis and tracking of data from contract customers, including forecasting, trade marketing, contract management, inventory and category management, and new item/marketing/sales support. Responsibilities
Qualifications Experience, Knowledge, & Skills You Bring:
- Industrial Sales forecast updates by customer and by product item: Manage seasonal forecast reports by category, updating forecast reports by period. Maintain customer target summaries by category. Maintain customer contract reports by category. Manage I-2 forecast by period by working with VP and Director to ensure we are on track to hit budget volume goals.
- TPM (Trade Marketing): Assist Director of Sales with managing the trade promotion funds. Key responsibilities include: Learning TPM system, initiating annual trade budget with Accounting, allocating annual trade budget to individual promotions, and adjusting each period to achieve budget targets.
- Contract Management compliance to ensure distributors are properly abiding by the terms of our contracts at Sodexo, Aramark, Compass, Avendra, Premier, as reports become available. Manage rebate payment requests and provide back-up supporting information to customer account representative for qualifying rebate payments to customers. Issue volume reports to sales managers as requested.
- Inventory Management: - Utilize SAP and warehouse inventory reports, segregation of inventory for specific customers, pulling CoA's, and monitor status of excess/aged/distressed inventory. Monitor contract balances to ensure customers are pulling orders in a timely manner.
- Category Management: Distributor data analysis to provide insights and trends in market segments for Dole vs competitive set for each category. Insights will help define target goals for share and growth through Produce tracking reports to meet Sysco's corporate reporting requirements.
- New item support - assist in the development of specifications, NIRF and ICS Request documents, and other sales tools, under direction and approval from the VP, Industrial Sales, QA, Marketing, Sales Support, Supply Chain, NPD, and other support departments.
- Marketing Support: Provide organizational tradeshow and event support for tradeshow and event execution. Key responsibilities include managing tradeshow contracts, forms, and deadlines. Additional responsibilities include ensuring samples and sales materials deliver to booth in good condition.
- Sales support: Provide logistical support for key meetings and events, both internal and with customers, including booking travel, hotel, transportation, restaurant reservations, and culinary sampling.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to: Perform ad hoc analyses using internal and syndicated data. Working with other internal Dole departments (which could include Customer Support, Transportation / Warehouse, QA and Marketing) to create improvement of efficiencies, customer solutions, and service support to customers. Work with Marketing to maintain sales materials.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- 1-3 years experience in sales support role or equivalent
- Intermediate to advanced skillset in MS Office, especially Excel
- Fluency with sales reporting systems strongly preferred
- Ability to use technology with a longer term goal of standardization and automation using industry best practices
- Experience in working with cross departmental teams is ideal
- Knowledge and experience in the Foodservice business (understands dynamics at the Operator, Distributor, and Broker levels - including health care, school, restaurant segments, as well as buing groups and contract management companies) strongly preferred
Education & Certification:
- Passionate about a purpose driven career
- Ability to prioritize based on deadlines, urgency, and largest impact to the business
- Ability to clearly communicate, verbal and written
- Self motivation, with a track record of taking the initiative to bring assignments to an accurate, efficient, and effective completion
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- HS diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to sit and use the computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones and use a variety of office equipment; ability to lift 15 pounds and reach overhead.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
- Occasional travel may be required