Dole Packaged Foods is a purpose led health and wellness organization that "champions a more equitable world." A world where everyone has the right to nutrition from the goodness of the earth and we reduce these gaps, one action at a time.
Dole Packaged Foods is looking for a motivated and experienced Human Resources Manager to lead various human resources functions at a manufacturing plant location in Atwater, California. The ideal candidate is flexible, accountable and can prioritize, while navigating a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities
- Manages recruitment effort and processes for all levels of associates and temporary associates for assigned requisitions.
- Bridges management and associate relations by addressing concerns, grievances, or other issues; assist management with performance development and management, and performance review process.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains "handbook" on policies and procedures.
- Maintains records, reports, training and logs to conform to EEO regulations and Affirmative Action Planning.
- Plans and conducts new hire orientation; responsible for compliance related training including harassment prevention; conducts exit interviews and makes recommendations based on information collected.
- Develops reports and metrics for various human resources functions; utilizes data to make recommendations.
- Ensure federal and state legal compliance in areas above as well as leave of absence coordination with third party vendor, unemployment claim management with third party vendor, and required labor posters; remain up-to-date with federal and state labor laws.
- Manage, lead, motivate and develop human resources direct reports
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Knowledge, & Skills You Bring:
- 5-7+ years progressive human resources experience including recruitment, employee relations, compliance, and policy development
- HR experience in the state of California strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Passionate about a purpose driven career
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Demonstrates good judgment, integrity & respect, innovation, and optimism
- Handle information with the utmost confidentiality
Education & Certification:
- Bachelor's degree
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Ability to sit and use the computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones and use a variety of office equipment; ability to lift 15 pounds and reach overhead.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
- Occasional travel may be required