Overview PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Supervise line employees in his/her respective department(s). Train, direct and motivate employees to achieve department goals and standards on recovery, quality, productivity and safety. Responsibilities
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for his/her respective department(s) and for meeting departmental goals and standards on quality, recovery, productivity, cost and safety.
- Directly responsible for the development and training of employees, working within the company guidelines and policies.
- Directly responsible for monitoring standards and indexes needed to control area of responsibility.
- Directly responsible for safety of employees and holding safety/general meetings.
- Responsible for quick and timely feedback to immediate supervisor on all exceptions regarding productivity, downtime, quality, recovery, cost and safety.
- Responsible for monitoring that all preventative maintenance is done on all equipment in the area of control and inter-facing with immediate supervisor on all suggested changes that would make the job better, more profitable and safer.
- Responsible for the testing and developing techniques and processes on equipment as directed by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Help maintain and improve quality and food safety, to insure compliance with company quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Must be computer literate in Windows environment.
- Must have balanced technical/mechanical/human resource knowledge.
- Must be able to evaluate employees fairly and objectively.
- Must be respectful of all internal and external employees.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to communicate in English verbally and in writing and must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to interface daily with all support groups or departments.
- Must possess strong mathematical knowledge.
- Must be willing to make decisions on the fly and learn from those decisions.
- Must be willing to accept constructive criticism and coaching from immediate supervisor.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is helpful but not required.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Prefer BS/BA but not required .
Employment is contingent upon drug screen, background verification and skills test required for some positions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.