Dole Packaged Foods is a purpose led health and wellness organization that "champions a more equitable world." A world where everyone has the right to nutrition from the goodness of the earth and we reduce these gaps, one action at a time.
Dole Packaged Foods (McDonough Operations) is a large diverse operation with the primary function of processing and packaging frozen fruit for retail sale. Critical to the execution of Dole McDonough's function of processing and packaging frozen fruit is various processing and packaging equipment. To support business success, the site will be staffed first and second shift to provide maintenance support to ensure safe and reliable operation. Candidates will need to be flexible to work first or second shift, and weekends as needed.
Ensure that the processing and packaging equipment is properly maintained to maximize reliability, safety, and to minimize or eliminate any adverse effect on processing, packaging, and storage of frozen fruit. Perform facility repairs and duties as needed to keep the facility safe for personnel and visitors. Responsibilities
Qualifications Experience, Knowledge, & Skills You Bring:
- Assist operations in change overs.
- Monitor and record system information as necessary, report any abnormal conditions, and ensure proper communication across shifts.
- Perform assigned preventative maintenance, repairs, and rebuilds on all associated equipment as assigned by supervisor. Identify damaged or defective equipment and repair in a timely manner.
- Perform proper Lock-out/Tag-out procedures when working on equipment.
- Perform basic welding and fabrication assignments from mechanical drawings and sketches.
- Diagnose, analyze, investigate, and correct basic causes of malfunction of production and plant equipment.
- Install, maintain, and repair wiring, lighting, and electrical equipment. Work from blueprints, wiring diagrams, and verbal instructions.
- Safely use test equipment such as ohmmeters, volt meters, amp meters, power factor meters, power tools, electrician hand tools.
- Keep work areas clean, neat, and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- 3-5 years experience as a maintenance mechanic/technician
- Understands the hazards of ammonia and Freon refrigeration systems.
- Knowledge of basic concepts, practices, and procedures within fresh to frozen food processing and packaging preferred.
- Has electrical safety training.
- Basic working knowledge of electrical components used in processing and packaging systems like transformers, motors, motor controls, instruments, electrical protection devices.
- Ability to furnish and use hand tools normally expected of Electrician/Mechanical technicians.
- Ability to obtain working understanding of a CMMS system. Document work completed, assign time and parts to proper WO.
- Good working knowledge of conveyor systems, packaging machinery, pumps, gear reduction boxes, dicers, and other processing machinery.
- Working knowledge of GMP's within a food manufacturing facility.
- Basic computer navigation or HMI, CMMS, access procedure folder on network, and E-mail proficiency.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret equipment schematics, drawings, manufacturer's literature, and technical procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and managers.
Education & Certification:
- Passionate about a purpose driven career
- Must work well under pressure and insure safe performance at all times.
- Must demonstrate a teamwork mentality with co-workers, supervisors, and management.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Fork-lift and Aerial Lift license preferred. If not currently licensed, must acquire license within 3 months of hire.
- Ability to sit, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, etc. to repair equipment. Lift/carry up to 60 pounds. Use hand dexterity for use of variety of hand tools and shop equipment.
- Color proficiency (able to identify electrical wire colors, PLC/relay light colors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
- Little to no travel required