: Dole Foods of Canada Company Position
: Accounts Payable Operations Manager Terms of employment
: Contract, 1 year Location
: Markham, Ontario Employment Address
: 80 Tiverton Court, Suite #303, Markham, Ontario L3R OG4 Benefits
: Eligible for bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Eligible for dental insurance, extended medical insurance, Life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment. Eligible for housing and transportation allowances. Language
: English Salary
: $85,000 CAD per year Hours per week
: 40 hours per week Contact
The Accounts Payable Operations Manager will serve as the liaison between North America businesses and the shared service center (SSC).This person will identify opportunities and drive efficiencies through technology and improved business processes; oversee the automated/specialized payables processes in North America (including ocean freight, inland freight and logistics payables) and work with IT to monitor payments through bank EDI processes; serve as the subject matter expert on government information reporting requirements and compliance (including Forms W8, W9, 1099's, FATCA related to payables). This position requires in-depth knowledge about ocean shipping routes and will play a critical role in all aspects of ocean freight payables, including the facilitation of issue resolution with carriers and North America/Europe operations teams. Responsibilities Duties
• Manage the ocean freight payables process (down-payment, matching, issue resolution, clearing) for North America and Europe. The ocean freight payables is a critical and complex area for this company. This person will be required to have in-depth knowledge of ocean shipping routes and freight rates, SAP design and business processes.
• Reconcile ocean freight down payments against accruals, and resolve aged items by working closely with carriers and operations teams.
• Focal person for the day-to-day accounts payable liaison between North America businesses and the shared service center, including effective and time coordination and resolution of issues.
• Identify opportunities for better practices and implement solutions for smooth coordination to address the 15-hour time zone difference between the North America businesses and the share service center. This will require understanding the different needs of the various functional areas (sales, marketing, HR, IT, legal, finance, operations, product development, procurement, manufacturing) and finding common practices to standardize processes, thereby ensuring more seamless processes.
• Act as the subject matter expert on government information reporting requirements and compliance (including Forms W8, W9, 1099's, FATCA, and TIN matching).
• Annual filing of 1099 and related forms.
• Lead, serve as SME (subject matter expert), and/or support business critical initiatives (working with IT as needed) involving procurement and accounts payable processes.
• Responsible for the effectiveness and compliance of accounts payable internal controls, JSOX and information security for North America processes.
• Update division policies and procedures to align with global policies. Implement changes to division policy or procedure as needed.
• Track SSC performance against the service level agreement (SLA)
• Provide training as necessary
• Other duties, as assigned
• Implement efficient working processes and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of buyers engaged in the following duties: administrating accounts payable related processes including the creation of P.O.'s, submitting goods receipts, and facilitating the payment of invoices
• Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments and other transactions
• Establish procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units and departments
• Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
• Identify training needs and train other staff in accounts payable functions and best practices Qualifications Requirement
• 5+ years of experience with SAP ERP Accounts Payable functionality, including the 1099 program
• Progressive experience in accounts payable positions
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related area
• Familiar with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• In-depth knowledge of ocean shipping routes, freight rates, and business processes required
• Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment and also works well independently
• Proven ability to influence and work in a highly collaborative environment
• Strong knowledge of internal controls within Procure-to-Pay processes
• Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills and working knowledge of other Microsoft products
• Strong knowledge of Concur system
• Some international and domestic travel will be required
• Accounts payable or equivalent certification is considered an asset
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.