About The Position
District Farms is seeking a highly motivated Regional Sales Manager to help lead an ambitious sales growth mission based at our advanced hydroponic greenhouse facility in Frederick, MD.
District Farms is seeking a highly motivated Regional Sales Manager to help lead an ambitious sales growth mission based at our advanced hydroponic greenhouse facility in Frederick, MD. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for taking a leading role in sales growth of the brand through new customer acquisition, customer retention, and growth opportunities with current customer base. This role will help to grow the brand through new customer acquisition and retention and will develop marketing programs that further develop the District Farms’ brand.
Prior experience in the food industry is preferred. Specifically, we are looking for candidates having experience with buyers at grocery retailers in the Mid-Atlantic region. This is an opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a unique position at a young, innovative, and disruptive agtech company. This position will provide tremendous growth opportunities for the right candidate.
- Constantly improve and advance District Farms’ sales strategy
- Manage all retail grocery and wholesale distributor accounts
- Increase existing sales while bringing on new business accounts
- Form relationships with various levels of current and potential customers
- Generate annual trade programs with customers
- Employ sales tools for account management and new sales pipelines
- Assist with coordinating shipping and distribution with appropriate teams
- Generate weekly orders for coordination with harvesting team
- Travel will be required in the Mid-Atlantic / Northeast region for business development
- Maintain constant contact with accounts
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- At least 3-5 years of specialty food, agriculture, consumer packaged goods sales experience
- Demonstrated success selling to grocery retail and wholesale distributors
- Must be well organized and able to handle multiple priorities
- Experience working within retailer portals
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Passionate about sustainable agriculture and natural foods
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
District Farms aims to revolutionize the produce industry by providing the locally grown greens year round. We are a young and fast growing agricultural technology startup disrupting the way fresh produce is grown and delivered. Our new state of the art hydroponic greenhouse grows the highest quality leafy greens on the market. We are committed to building a highly supportive, collaborative, and enthusiastic work environment with hard working team members. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this role.