About The Position
The Director of National Accounts will be responsible for developing, leading and managing the DGY National Account team to achieve volume and share growth, through expanding strategic relationships with our key National Accounts.
Key Job Functions
Retail Chain Selling & Planning:
- Develop an overall plan to execute National Chain Account strategy by Key Channel for the Yuengling portfolio.
- Develop and manage process for individual Annual Business Plans for each Key Chain Account, including the account’s SWOT, distribution gaps, store level opportunities, and promotional presentations.
- Develop the processes/strategies necessary to gain key package authorization, proper pricing, and shelf space within national and regional off premise chains as assigned by management.
- Responsible for leading a culture of communication and coordination with DGY Sales Organization, and Key Distributors to drive execution.
- Collaborate with Region sales teams and distributor partners to drive elevated levels of execution for DGY brand in National Accounts.
- Work with Sales and Marketing Leadership team to develop DGY retail channel sales strategies aimed at enhancing DGY’s effectiveness at retail.
- Responsible for coordinating efforts between national chain headquarters and regional offices as they pertain to local or regional sales execution.
- Develop systems and processes to enhance overall sales execution with sales team and distributor network.
- In coordination with DGY Marketing team, plan and develop programming to drive Feature and Display opportunities for key chains.
- Ensure an effective call point schedule for all National Accounts is established and maintained.
- Develop department administrative capabilities to measure pre and post promotional analysis, schematic distribution, competitive and DGY ad activity database, interpret and utilize syndicated data reports, and maintain a pricing database for assigned chains.
- Lead the process to identify training & development opportunities for National Accounts team members to grow team capabilities and effectiveness.
- Monitor key competitive activity and its impact on DGY’s business objectives.
o Develop, coach, mentor, and train DGY and Distributor sales personnel on our competitive position in chains in their market place.
o Maintain strategic direction and disciplines of presentations standards and insightful fact-based selling.
o Ensure Call Reports are completed by Direct reports for all Chain calls, after making the assigned buyer call and communicated to key stakeholders.
o Effectively manage financial budgets and company resources.
Skills and Qualifications:
o Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
o Proficient in Microsoft software programs Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
o Detailed oriented, with the ability to work independently or as a team.
o Requires expertise in communication and presentation skills.
o Requires extensive knowledge of the three tiers of the beverage industry.
o Requires the ability to analyze statistical data and formulate strategies.
o Proficient in managing and analyzing Syndicated Data (IRI preferred).
o Experience in utilizing Shopper data and/or Shopper marketing.
o Performs additional duties and responsibilities as requested, directed or assigned by management.
o Willingness to travel with frequency of up to 50%-75% to work with and develop direct reports and to make key distributor and Chain visits.
Any East Coast Metropolitan Area