About The Position
America's Oldest Brewery is looking for a Brand Manager to join their team. This strategic marketer will be responsible for the annual marketing communication and pipeline initiatives to increase brand affinity and drive long term growth.
Key Job Functions:
360 Marketing and Pipeline Plan Development and Sell In
- Leading the development and execution of engaging marketing plans and utilizing consumer and shopper insights.
- Break through the category clutter with brand building, advertising and engagement plans that deliver maximum impact with consumers.
- Support a brand and portfolio pipeline (packages and liquids) for priority brands where they deliver incremental opportunities for our business.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to gain alignment on strategic priorities, ensure plans are actionable, and drive execution.
- Responsible for maintaining and driving consistent brand identity.
- Understand and act on brand strategy, consumer targeting, and positioning.
- Play an active role in presenting plan materials in key business meetings.
- Develop proper sell-in material including strategic positioning, marketing objectives, selling story, supporting data, timing for all ATL and pipeline initiatives.
- Ensure communication and sell-in of plan is done within the appropriate planning window with relevant parties.
- Responsible for understanding and evaluating the effectiveness of marketing activity and implementing proven tactics.
- Lead brand and competitive tracking scorecard across key metrics, including and not limited to:
- Brand health (behavioral and attitudinal measures)
- Brand budget management
- Manage creative agency partner budgets and working dollar budgets where necessary.
- High standard of output and demonstrates a relentless desire to iteratively improve to deliver the best performing marketing plans.
- Proven track record of excellence in converting consumer insights into effective growth drivers, including analytic capability with IRI data.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter and able to make decisions independently and recommend viable solutions for opportunities and issues.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial organization.
- Works well in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment where priorities change and timeframes are critical.
- Highly developed interpersonal and leadership skills are necessary. Individual must be able to interact at all levels within an organization, including the Wholesaler network.
- Experience managing people in direct reporting and indirect reporting relationships.
- Grounded in a “team player” mentality resulting in strong working relationships.
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate well across all levels of the organization. Comfortable giving presentations with various audiences and sizes (distributors, retailer, sales team, etc.). Computer skills which include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail. Experience with or ability to learn new digital interfaces.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
- Position resides in PA and requires 30% travel.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years of brand management experience or related experience. Demonstrated experience of working with a rapid and competitive consumer purchase cycle, including preferred CPG.
- Experience requirements include:
- Advertising Creative / Campaign Development
- Experience working with and managing agencies (media, creative, activation, promotional, experiential). Understanding of the creative process and being able to write creative briefs, judge which creative meets strategic direction and provide constructive feedback to agencies.
- Brand Engagement Strategy: Influencers, Social Media
- Possess understanding of social networking/media technologies and their application to marketing.
- Pipeline: Packaging and Brand Development
- Consumer research
- Brand, Product and Packaging development
- Cross Functional Project Leadership