Job Details Job Location
: Hybrid - STAMFORD, CT Salary Range
: Undisclosed CHEERS!
Founded in 1981, Deutsch Family Wine and Spirits markets quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits. With our headquarters in Stamford, CT, DFWS has grown to become the fourth largest Wine and Spirits Company, by far the fastest growing in our industry. With our family values and unique culture, DFWS was recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in 2021 and 2022.
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits currently seeks a Senior Vice President, Strategic Accounts to lead our Strategic Accounts department of 20+ employees. This role will manage 5 people directly and reports into our Executive Vice President of Sales. This is a remote work from home position that requires travel approximately 50% of the time.
The SVP of Strategic Accounts is a visionary who challenges the status quo in a productive way. Candidates must be able to manage a heavy workload with pace, have an analytical mind, and have strong executive presence. Primary Responsibilities Business Performance Management
- Develop and implement strategic account top-to-top relationships that extends our customer relationships and accelerates our growth and share with our most important retail partners.
- Develop a vision and strategy for Strategic Accounts to win in Chains and drive alignment up and down the organization to that vision.
- Play a critical role influencing senior leadership team on tools and practices needed to win in chains that fits within the DFWS strategies.
- Ensure development of annual and quarterly customer plans that results in share growth for DFWS and advances us on the Trusted Advisor path
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business opportunities such as the role ecommerce plays in chains or new channels of development.
- Establish beneficial relationship with executives from influential customers and national and local distributor partners that benefit DFWS
- Influence the distributor management organization on the execution of chain programs.
- Gather input and trends from distributors and customers that can be applied to grow the business
- Ensure delivery of the P&L for Strategic Accounts
- Develop annual budgets that are supported by the organization. Deliver positive ROI on Strategic Account investments.
- Maintain team scorecard that tracks performance. Acts on insights decisively and share learnings with senior leadership team.
- Ensure team members understand their job responsibilities with the development of RACI and are clear concerning performance expectations and performance measures. Has regular 1:1s focused on coaching & development
- Instill D1 behaviors in your team with an emphasis on "Motivate"
- Interacts with direct reports as an opportunity to learn and grow, hear recommendations to inspire and empower people to do their best work
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
- Hold each team member accountable for performance; act quickly on team member performance issues
- Expert at coaching, effectively leverages DFWS coaching tools to inspire and drive D1 results
- Ensure succession plan for key sales roles
- Regularly review and reward performance on your team. Ensure Team members feel valued for their contributions
- Create an environment where:
- Team Members feel they can express themselves openly and honestly
- Team members challenge each other about plans and approaches
- Conflict is quickly converted into an opportunity to improve team performance
- Team members treat one another with respect
- Create a sense of urgency within team to deliver the plan
- Lead and role model a commitment to collaboration internally and externally; leverage this as a competitive advantage.
- Document team's operating principles (how we work together) and define high standards (how we deliver results)
- 10-15 years national account sales experience with proven Top to Top relationships
- W&S industry experience and full understanding of the 3-tier distribution system required
- Distributor management experience strongly preferred
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced business environment. Must be able to manage multiple priorities successfully. Thrives in an entrepreneurial culture
- Objective-oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision. High energy level and enthusiasm are critical
- Exceptional sales leader with a track record of always delivering business objectives
- Inspirational leader who sets high standards to him/herself and his/her team to deliver high quality business results
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to maximize distributor network, key trade account relationships and Divisional sales team
- Excellent at attracting, developing and retaining top talent
- Recognized as an outstanding coach, providing constructive feedback to ensure his/her team's development and growth
- Effective in strategy development
- Set high level expectations and provide resources to the team to succeed
- Must be "hands-on" to get the job accomplished
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills; concise and articulate
- Problem solving, decision making and organizational skills
- Financial and forecasting skills. Strong analytical skills
- Ability to function collaboratively with all internal departments. (Marketing, BI, Field Finance)
- Knowledge and expertise on monitoring competition
- Effectively handles risk, calm and productive, deals constructively with problems that do not have clear outcomes/solutions
- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently, values the time of others, ability to prioritize
DFWS is committed to inclusion and diversity of all kinds. We cultivate a work environment that celebrates diversity because differences continue to make the company culture stronger, enhance our connection with the communities we serve and strengthen our competitive advantage. Building an inclusive and diverse culture continues to be a never-ending pursuit that is at the core of all we do. About Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Pure Bright; California: Bellacosa, Beau Joie, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Layer Cake, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils; Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Argentina: Clos de los Siete; and award-winning spirits: Redemption Whiskey, Bib & Tucker Bourbon, Masterson's Rye, Gray Whale Gin, Luksusowa Vodka and Cantera Negra. www.deutschfamily.com