Job Details Job Location
: HQ - Stamford, CT Salary Range
: Undisclosed CHEERS!
Founded in 1981, Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits is a family-owned business working with other family-owned and people-oriented businesses to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major Appellations all over the world. With our headquarters in Stamford, CT, DFWS has grown to become the fourth largest Wine and Spirits company, by far the fastest growing in our industry. With our family values and unique culture, DFWS was recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in 2021 and 2022.
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits currently seeks a Senior Manager of Supply Chain to join our team in Stamford, CT, reporting to the Vice President, Supply Chain. This role is vital to the success of our portfolio and will be responsible for managing all purchasing, transportation, sales orders and communication involving the portfolio.
Additionally, this role is responsible for logistics activities and related systems information. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to purchase order entry, sales order entry, bailment replenishment, inventory control, supplier collaboration, third-party warehousing, and shipping/receiving activities. In addition, this role will oversee a team of Supply Chain Specialists and temps to conduct the day-to-day processes. Qualifications:
- 10+ years of operations experience in positions with increasing responsibility
- BA/BS required
- Previous people management experience required
- Previous experience with ERP required; JDE preferred
- Strong Excel experience
- Proven ability to plan and organize workload and outputs within tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to flourish in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to assimilate and process data from a wide range of sources.
- Experience in a 3PL environment a plus
- Willingness to embody company values: Think Big, Collaborate, Motivate, & Deliver Big
We Value Diversity
- Leads the finished goods purchasing function for the Blue portfolio.
- Leads the order entry of Distributor orders for finished cased goods.
- Responsible for proper inventory controls with the 3PL warehousing providers to facilitate proper inbounding and shipping of finished case goods.
- Collaborate with the leadership team, other key internal partners such as in Finance, and third party partners to develop modernized processes, tools, and capabilities that support the business' aggressive growth targets.
- Establish optimal inventory levels and replenishment plans to ensure availability and minimize wasted stock.
- Direct the inventory liquidation process by optimizing sell-thru of obsolete products and maximizing margin recovery.
- Work closely with Freight Forwarders and Freight carriers to facilitate proper communication on order statuses.
- Develop and mentor all members of the Blue Supply Chain team.
- Key Upcoming Projects
- EDI mapping with new service providers (e.g. warehouses, carriers)
- Lead on End-to-End changes in ways of working and processes
- Leads onboarding of new 3PL warehousing partners
- Lead on Direct Import project
DFWS is committed to inclusion and diversity of all kinds. We cultivate a work environment that celebrates diversity because differences continue to make the company culture stronger, enhance our connection with the communities we serve and strengthen our competitive advantage. Building an inclusive and diverse culture continues to be a never-ending pursuit that is at the core of all we do.
If your background and experience meet these qualifications and you want to join a dynamic industry, please click here to apply. About Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Pure Bright; California: Bellacosa, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Layer Cake, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Beau Joie, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils; Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Argentina: Clos de los Siete; Champagne: Beau Joie and award-winning spirits: Redemption Whiskey, Bib & Tucker Bourbon, Masterson's Rye, Gray Whale Gin and Luksusowa Vodka. www.deutschfamily.com