Job Details Job Location
: CA - , CA Salary Range
Deutsch Family Wine and Spirts, is currently seeking a Production Winemaker to join our California based team. This is a remote position in the Santa Rosa, CA area.
The Production Winemaker will be responsible for production and winemaking support for several of our brands including Josh, Joseph Carr and The Calling. This position will report directly to the Head of Production.
In addition, the Production Winemaker will support our production cost accounting function and will deal directly with our supply partners, co-packing partners and vendors. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of preparing wines for bottling.
- Ability to work independently and to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Manage bulk shipping and receiving schedules with co-packer.
- Ensure wines are stable and approved for bottling with correct state of process established.
- Work with the head of Production to ensure bottling schedule is achievable and wines are prepared on time.
- Quality driven winemaker with outstanding knowledge of winemaking techniques and processes.
- Manage fermentation tanks as needed.
- Experienced sensory capabilities and able to work collectively as part of the winemaking team.
- Lead the relationship with our co-packing partner to ensure that all projects are planned and completed in a timely fashion.
- Maintain accurate production and manufacturing records.
- Working ability with ISO9000 or equivalent quality management system.
- Knowledge of production costing methods.
- Thorough knowledge of TTB rules and regulations.
- Willingness and ability to drive and spend extended time at remote winemaking and production facilities.
- Interface with the Head of Production on any issues on a regular basis.
- Interface with other departments (Supply Chain, Brand, Marketing Services) on issues associated with thorough winemaking and production processes.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage a high paced production environment.
- Strong sense of urgency to meet winemaking and production deadlines.
- Must have outstanding wine blending skills.
- Must possess a complete understanding of the wine manufacturing and wine production process.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot in order to avoid issue escalation.
- Computer skills and to be familiar with wine data management software.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to develop relationships with our supply and service vendors and interdepartmental teams.
- Ability to work at remote co-packing facilities.
- Willingness to embody company values: Passion for quality results, Professionalism, Project Ownership, Teamwork, Zeal for Learning.
- 5-10 years as winemaker
- Production winemaking experience preferred.
- 4-year Bachelor of Applied Science (Enology).
DFWS is committed to inclusion and diversity of all kinds. We cultivate a work environment that celebrates diversity because differences continue to make the company culture stronger, enhance our connection with the communities we serve and strengthen our competitive advantage. Building an inclusive and diverse culture continues to be a never-ending pursuit that is at the core of all we do. About Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Pure Bright; California: Bellacosa, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Layer Cake, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils; Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Argentina: Clos de los Siete; and award-winning spirits: Redemption Whiskey, Bib & Tucker Bourbon, Masterson's Rye, Gray Whale Gin and Luksusowa Vodka. www.deutschfamily.com