Job Details Job Location
: CA - , CA Salary Range
: Undisclosed Travel Percentage
: Up to 50% Job Category
: Marketing & Creative Services Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits has been named a 2022 Top Workplace
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits currently seeks a National Brand Ambassador for Gray Whale Gin who possesses the below qualifications. This is a remote position; however, candidates should live in either New York or California.
Reporting to the Brand Manager of Gray Whale Gin (and dotted-lining into the Trade Advocacy Manager), the National Brand Ambassador will inspire consumers, on/off trade professionals and distributor partners to become staunch advocates of this exciting brand. In addition to being an expert in mixology with credibility among bartenders, t he Ambassador will exemplify the brand values of discovery and exploration with a witty, vivacious personality and a high level of integrity. The position requires an intense travel schedule and working many evenings and weekends. The National Brand Ambassador will be a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual who will be a complimentary face of the brand, alongside the brand founder, Marsh Mokhtari, to consumers, media, distributors, bartenders and retailers.
The National Brand Ambassador will have an integral role during the national rollout of GW Gin and will be a proven dynamic storyteller and presenter. If not already well-versed, the National Brand Ambassador will be thoroughly media trained for ad hoc opportunities on TV and other platforms .
The National Brand Ambassador will regularly interface with the brand team at headquarters and brand founders. The National Brand Ambassador will be creative and serve as a key extension of the Brand Manager for brand planning, activity development and idea evaluation. As a key resource to the brand manager, the National Brand Ambassador will have the pulse of the trade and consumers and apply that knowledge to provide insight into marketing activity development.
This role will also oversee, and drive brand education targeted at DFWS salespeople, distributors, bartenders and consumers. The National B.A. will be the face of the brand at key industry events and festivals and will be responsible for development and implementation of trade advocacy focused national programming. In addition, this person will have the ability to create custom programming in which he or she will execute it, within a designated budget, with the guidance of the Brand Manager. Qualifications:
- Deep knowledge of craft spirits especially of the gin category from production process to trends and brands
- Deep knowledge of spirits and cocktail development. Experience as a bartender creating craft cocktails
- Natural and charismatic storyteller, with strong public speaking skills, who enjoys sharing their gin and cocktailing tales with others
- Credibility with the on-trade is essential; be part of that community with existing network, bartender groups, presence, and respect within the community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including writing and delivering presentations
- Deadline-oriented self-starter who is proactive and holds self to high standard of work quality
- Ability to interface with the distributor network
- Strong and active social media presence.
- Strategic thinker with ability to work collaboratively with a variety of different teams across multiple functions.
- Able to manage, track and forecast funds while executing within a prescribed budget. Strong level of budget management and organization required.
- Works well independently, without need of micromanagement; problem solver
- BS/BA degree in marketing desired
- Travel approx. 75%
- Trade Engagement / Education
- Serve as national facing product knowledge expert for Gray Whale Gin; with a flair for storytelling and effective way to communicate brand's features, benefits, heritage and personality
- Educate DFWS, trade, and distributor/broker partners on benefits of Gray Whale Gin
- Support sales division teams at distributor meetings and events
- Help expand gin knowledge within DFWS
- Media / PR / Partnerships
- Develop and maintain close relationship with national journalists as well as local journalists in key markets for trade, industry and lifestyle media. Using opportunities to build awareness around events, rare and vintage releases, and the distillery
- Working with agencies on identification of sponsorship and partnership opportunities within brand guidelines and the execution of recruitment and reward event programs
- Support on-trade and consumer shows as required; attend and manage the brand's booth at fests and other events in core markets
- Assist in planning and execution of key national events and trade programming
- Provide monthly recaps of all activities
- Maintain accurate and up to date monthly budget and expenses
- KPI self-assessment
- Report markets trends and competitor activity
DFWS is committed to inclusion and diversity of all kinds. We cultivate a work environment that celebrates diversity because differences continue to make the company culture stronger, enhance our connection with the communities we serve and strengthen our competitive advantage. Building an inclusive and diverse culture continues to be a never-ending pursuit that is at the core of all we do. About Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Pure Bright; California: Bellacosa, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Layer Cake, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils; Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Argentina: Clos de los Siete; and award-winning spirits: Redemption Whiskey, Bib & Tucker Bourbon, Masterson's Rye, Gray Whale Gin and Luksusowa Vodka. www.deutschfamily.com