Job Details Job Location
: HQ - Stamford, CT Position Type
: Information Technology Salary Range
: Undisclosed Job Category
: Information Technology CHEERS!
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits seeks a Marketing Data Analyst. As part of the IT Sales & Marketing Solutions team, this role is both business and technologically focused to support the execution of DFWS digital and data marketing initiatives. The role involves expertise with digital marketing performance data and product data management. Additional responsibilities include project management, data analytics, software evaluations, data mapping,
and data integration strategies.
This is a remote
position that will report to the Director of IT, Marketing & BI. Candidates must be able to commute to the Stamford, CT office on an as needed basis. Responsibilities are outlined below. These responsibilities are representative of the key areas of focus but are not limited to the items listed below. Responsibilities:
BUSINESS & DATA PROCESS MAPPING
- Lead discovery sessions with our brand and marketing subject matter experts (SMEs) and key marketing leadership stakeholders to document business and data requirements
- Be able to build data topology documentation to capture the location and use of the different digital marketing and e-commerce data sources. Some examples of the data sources are CRM, Google Analytics, Social Media channels, and MailChimp
- Experience owning and developing business requirement documentation for business stakeholders and development teams
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including data architects and data developers to convert business data requirements to technical requirements. Partner with the data development team to execute any of the technical requirements where required
- Ability to own projects and maintain project plans and action items
- Define business processes and governance around the marketing data
INSIGHTS & DATA VISUALIZATION
- Develop the data reporting and analysis for the marketing teams. Link relevant data sources to facilitate the data-based decision making needs of the marketing organization
- Evangelize and train teams on the value of data and how to use it for business growth while helping change Excel based culture
- Strong data background that includes dashboards, reporting, data modeling, data schema, business objects, data mining, analytics and data solutions
- Has experience in identifying and measuring KPIs through reporting and dashboard development
DATA STRATEGY & ROADMAP
- Collaborate with senior leadership in IT and Marketing to prepare a roadmap for marketing and customer data based on business priorities and strategy
- Help to identify a marketing cloud and a customer data platform for collecting, maintaining, and activating our digital marketing and customer data
- 5-7 years of equivalent experience in an Information Technology relevant field (digital transformation, data, technology, marketing technology)
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising technology with experience of processes, data and best practices (adtech, martech, CRM, CDP, DSPs, social listening, consumer data)
- Data process mapping/documentation essential
- Experience in Information Technology project management or coordination essential
- Ability to pick up a complex and unstructured request and clarify/scope it/structure it/articulate it to present it back in a simple and understandable way to senior stakeholders to help decision making, essential
- Experience building business cases
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good business relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage cross-functional teams proactively
- Consulting experience related to digital transformation and marketing technology is a plus
- Win through execution: You are practical on your approach to data, helping other less-experimented teams take action from the data, and you know an advanced data capability is built day by day, for which you master agile skills to ensure a steady progress pace of all your projects, developments and analyses.
- Invest in talent: You enjoy being at service of several cross functional teams and helping others develop new capabilities. You adopt simplicity and energy when trying to embark others on technical conversations, while helping your peers and teams learn new skills.
- Shape the future: You are a self starter at heart. You create your own path forward, you are experienced building business cases to get buy in and engagement from key stakeholders and you are driven by the bigger ambition of becoming a data centric company, moving your way around to get there.
- Inspire through purpose : You have proven capabilities to Influence and inspire the organization and partners at different levels to move forward and get to a common ambition.
DFWS is committed to inclusion and diversity of all kinds. We cultivate a work environment that celebrates diversity because differences continue to make the company culture stronger, enhance our connection with the communities we serve and strengthen our competitive advantage. Building an inclusive and diverse culture continues to be a never-ending pursuit that is at the core of all we do. About Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Pure Bright; California: Bellacosa, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Layer Cake, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils; Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Argentina: Clos de los Siete; and award-winning spirits: Redemption Whiskey, Bib & Tucker Bourbon, Masterson's Rye, Gray Whale Gin and Luksusowa Vodka. www.deutschfamily.com