Job Details Job Location
: HQ - Stamford, CT Salary Range
: Undisclosed CHEERS!
Founded in 1981 and now over $1 billion in revenue, Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits (DFWS) is a family-owned business working with other family-owned and people-oriented businesses to market quality wines produced in major appellations all over the world. Josh Cellars, the hottest growing wine brand in the US, is just one product in our portfolio - check out our website for more! With our headquarters in Stamford, CT, DFWS has grown to become the fifth largest Wine and Spirits company, by far the fastest growing in our industry. With our family values and unique culture, DFWS was recognized as one of the Top Work Places in 2021 and 2022.
This is a hybrid role and you will work with the team in Stamford an average of 2 days/ week or 8 days/month.
The Graphic Designer is an energetic, self-motivated and detail-oriented team player; candidates are not only passionate about design but also have a keen eye for typography and photography. They have a fast-paced creative agency background with shopper marketing experience but are yearning for stability without compromising variety and excitement! The Graphic Designer understands current design trends and best practices for both print and digital.
The Graphic Designer is innovative, flexible and has an interest in creative collaboration between multidisciplinary teams. They are responsible for developing multiple creative concepts for shopper marketing programs, implementing design strategies, and producing visual aspects for both corporate and brand marketing materials across all platforms: print, promotional and digital media. They can seamlessly navigate through a range of high priority projects on a daily basis while managing tight deadlines. The Graphic Designer thinks outside the box, thinks big and there is no limit to their creativity! Bring your unique perspective, explosive imagination and edge to our creative team! Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited program for an Associate or Bachelor's or BFA degree in Graphic Design or Visual Art a must
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in a creative agency and is comfortable in a corporate environment
- Superior knowledge of design: type/color/taste required
- Deep knowledge of relevant computer software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite-all programs) a must; solid knowledge of other current computer design programs (Powerpoint) and skills required
- Ability to turn concept territories into visual execuetions
- Solid understanding of online production, offline production, and print production required
- Ability to develop and put together formal design presentations, ability to storyboard ideas
- Works efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to present and clearly articulate ideas
- Is accountable, takes direction with an open mind, seeks full ownership and takes initiative
- Strong problem-solving skills and enjoys the challenge of finding innovative solutions
- Strategic thinking with attention to brand and marketing objectives
- Ability to work with company personnel at all levels and the ability to work collaboratively, efficiently and effectively
- Positive energy with a can-do spirit!
- Develop original strategic design deliverables and big ideas that elevate and differentiate our portfolio
- Apply brand standards, creative standards, typography, photography, color and other ingredients to create innovative and on-strategy creative solutions
- Extend existing creative/brand guidelines across new creative with moderate design changes or interpretation
- Work closely with brand teams, playing the role of "design advocate" for the voice of the design
- Stay abreast of current design trends and technologies, continually share knowledge among the design team and be a student of the industry
- Eagerness to help mentor junior designers
DFWS is committed to inclusion and diversity of all kinds. We cultivate a work environment that celebrates diversity because differences continue to make the company culture stronger, enhance our connection with the communities we serve and strengthen our competitive advantage. Building an inclusive and diverse culture continues to be a never-ending pursuit that is at the core of all we do. About Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Pure Bright; California: Bellacosa, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Layer Cake, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils; Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Argentina: Clos de los Siete; and award-winning spirits: Redemption Whiskey, Bib & Tucker Bourbon, Masterson's Rye, Gray Whale Gin and Luksusowa Vodka. www.deutschfamily.com